_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
complete photos ?
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 05:02 AM UTC
Anybody know where I could get hold of some complete photos of the hydraulic and electrical lines on the M107. I even tried looking up Pacific Car Co. which is the manufacturer of the M107, but no luck.
Now the photos on webshot show the lines on one end, but the picture cuts off and you have no idea where they go to. The only country that they say still uses the M107 is Israel, but no photos of any use, either to far, or to close. If by some chance you stumble across any of these pictures on your travels across the internet, and could let me know, I sure would appreciate it. Thank you very much.

The M110 is just about the same, I got that model to, they just posed it in the picture on the box going the other direction so it would look different. I book marked that site so I could get back to it tonight when I got more time, my many thanks JrNelson

Kerry

jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 719 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 05:48 AM UTC
Hi Kerry-

This site has a few detail shots.... I'll keep looking for more as well..

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=www.homestead.com/shiryon/files/File0009.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.homestead.com/shiryon/M110a2pics.html&h=376&w=565&sz=21&tbnid=28o-JlLwoUcJ:&tbnh=87&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3DM-107%26start%3D720%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DN
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 02:32 PM UTC
Well JrNelson I looked at over a hundred places on searching, and never come up with as good as pictures as you did, I even tried the M110A1 or A2 figuring it would be a hotter trail sense the 107's got changed over to the 110's.
The best news I found was there is a museum in the United States with a M110A1 at Michigan City Indiana, but that just as might as well be Hong Kong as far as I'm concerned. I hope you have had better luck then I've had. Thanks again

Kerry
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 719 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 03:23 AM UTC
Hi Kerry-

I do know that there is a M-110 sitting out front of the museum at Camp Ripley Minnesota... I was there last summer, but didn't take any pictures.... I did get to climb all over it, along with a bunch of other armored vehicles.

Perhaps any members of Armorama in Minnesota could help out with some pictures? That would be super... If anybody is planning a trip to Camp Ripley - and plans on taking a few pics... hehehe The M-110 for Kerry would be great... and I need some shots of the Jumbo Sherman there as well...

Just a hope :-)

Thanks-
Jeff
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 10:17 AM UTC
Yes that would be super. I traced the other place you give back to webshots but this time I found out if you go past the E. Bennayoun's pictures of the M107 on page 3 and go to page 4 to Eran's pictures they are a little better, but again for some reason they cut off the hydraulic lines so you can't see where they connect on the other end, they do have some. They couldn't of done a better job of concealing the other end if they planned on it.
They got one picture that is back a little, and everything is clear and focused, but wouldn't you know it, they aren't looking at any hydraulic lines.
Hopefully somebody might have them pictures in their stash, or maybe they just might plan on a good field trip and share with us, lets keep our fingers crossed Jeff.

Kerry
ekaufman
Visit this Community
Haifa, Israel
entire network: 217 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 07:24 PM UTC
Kerry,
I took the close up pics because i needed a clear view of specific parts for scratch building and detailing the model. i also used the US-army TM from this link,i think you will find it usefull

https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/data/A/046492.pdf

Regards
Eran
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 10:47 PM UTC
I'm sorry Eran, but this last site you give me, won't comeup on the computer screen.
ekaufman
Visit this Community
Haifa, Israel
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 11:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm sorry Eran, but this last site you give me, won't comeup on the computer screen.

Dont know why, it works fine for me
https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/data/A/046492.pdf

Eran
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 11:16 PM UTC
at first it showed a certificate, so I clicked yes, and now all it shows is a blank screen with a little lock in the lower right hand corner, I don't know why
ekaufman
Visit this Community
Haifa, Israel
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 01:44 AM UTC
You need to have adobe acrobat reader installed, maybe that's the problem
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 10:12 AM UTC
Yes, that could be it, a little while back, one of these so called security places that sell you security for your computer, said they would check your computer for free, and sense I didn't buy from them they screwed up my computer, they took a bunch of things off that I can't put back on, the computer says no room now.
If I ever hear their name again I'll remember it, but now I can't think of it, but I know one thing for sure, I will never buy anything from them.
That is like the banners that used to be under some of the peoples names, they used to be on my computer, but after they got done, they disappeared to.
It all started one day when my cd drive kept hitting the door, it was them doing it, and then they sent me a message saying if they could do that somebody could get into my computer and control it, but I never dreamed it was going to be them, they even made my clock to where it will lose 10 to 15 minutes a day, and I don't know how to fix that either.
Before them evrything was OK, but now it is a nightmare, I think they got something to do with that gator outfit, but not sure.
 _GOTOTOP