_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
Anyone happen to have this??
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 02:26 PM UTC
An odd request. My wife works with young school children in an after-school program and she is always buying toys and things at garage sales and thrift stores for the children to use. She recently picked up this Stanley Excavator kit (STN-173) for the kids to play with but the instruction sheet is missing. I have tried finding them on-line with no success. So...…..would anyone out there happen to have kids that might have this set and if so....would you mind sending me a copy of the instruction sheet please? I will be more than happy to reimburse you.

This is the kit.

Thank you everyone.

Randy
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 134 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 04:05 PM UTC
I took a shot online and was surprised the instructions are nowhere to be found, considering the kit only came out about ten years ago.

Hopefully someone here has one or knows someone who does.Have you tried faking it by trying to follow the box image?
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 04:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Have you tried faking it by trying to follow the box image?

Not yet Shell, but that's a good idea. That might be what I have to do and then just draw up my own instruction sheet for the kids to use.

Thank you,
Randy
engeee
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 155 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 01:19 PM UTC
Hi!
If you search eBay for "Stanley Construct and Play" a variety of kits come up for sale. Perhaps keep an eye out there. You could either contact a seller for a copy of the instructions or perhaps find a matching kit to purchase.
Just an idea.

Steve

In fact - here's your kit:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stanley-Construct-and-Play-JUMBO-EXCAVATOR-Like-Meccano-Free-UK-Post/232808627136?hash=item363479bbc0:g:Pa4AAOSwoddac141
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 161 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 01:26 PM UTC
I would try to reach out to the manufacturer themselves especially given the great deed your wife does for the kids. I am basing this on that by the look of the logo it is the same company that makes Stanley Tools.

Cheers
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 01:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi!
If you search eBay for "Stanley Construct and Play" a variety of kits come up for sale. Perhaps keep an eye out there. You could either contact a seller for a copy of the instructions or perhaps find a matching kit to purchase.
Just an idea.

Thanks for everything Steve. I might end up doing that. That way I could copy the instructions and then there would be two of these for the kids to playing with and no fighting over the only one that way.

Quoted Text

I would try to reach out to the manufacturer themselves especially given the great deed your wife does for the kids. I am basing this on that by the look of the logo it is the same company that makes Stanley Tools.

Thank you Robbie. I tried the company link shown on the box and it came back as a no longer valid site. Kind of odd. I checked with Stanley and they don't have them. So...…….guess I will try a couple of things to see what I can do. Thank you for the comment about my wife too. She really enjoys it and the kids really get a lot of good out of it. It is a lot better than them sitting home alone waiting for their parents to get off work and it also gives them some fun things to do instead of getting into trouble like bored kids can do. Now...…..if I can just get them interested in scale modeling. Future Armorama members maybe.

Thank you again everyone. I appreciate your time and assistance.

Randy
 _GOTOTOP