Shows and events in Australia.
QMHE Brisbane..who goes there?...
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 1,517 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 09:34 AM UTC
Finally this year I managed to put aside few bucks to go down a few days to Ipswitch for the Expo,who is present?... Is there maybe the opportunity to drink couple of beers together?...

https://qmhe.com/

A question for those who have already been there, are many exhibitors/traders?...no wife,no Kids,Credit Card ready.....shopping!!!...
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 4,648 Posts
KitMaker Network: 189 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 02:58 PM UTC
I go every year. Displays, Vendors. Can easily waste a day there. My club is there for both days. Shopping mall across the road. Not sure where the nearest pub is tho... I live about 45 minutes away.

Gaz
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 03:28 PM UTC
No beer in side?!... ...I'm too used to the Expo in Europe, however I'll be there for 2 days, I hope to meet some people because here were I live it's a desert...
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 05:12 PM UTC
The Venue is a sports center. And I doubt it is as big as a major European venue due to our smaller population. Still... it beats watching the grass grow, and there are plenty of opportunities to increase your stash and spend your cash as well as ogle some great models.
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 05:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The Venue is a sports center. And I doubt it is as big as a major European venue due to our smaller population. Still... it beats watching the grass grow, and there are plenty of opportunities to increase your stash and spend your cash as well as ogle some great models.

i have to say up here during the rain season the grass grow so fast it beats a Cricket test match in excitement for me...

Anyway after 5 years of nothing even 20 people with 10 models and 3 vendors for me is Awesome!...i dont expect the size of Milan expo but sincerly i dont care i am happy as a kid in christmass!...
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,353 Posts
KitMaker Network: 94 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 06:25 PM UTC
Hi Vicious

As Gaz says, our club AMMS is a member club and we have a display every year. Lots of our guys build more than just armour and military vehicles or figures despite that being the club main theme, plus other clubs like IPMS will be there too. You are sure to make some friends.

There will be traders there as well, selling everything from kits (including one that sells pre-fondled but not built kits and aftermarket etch and resin of all types), after-market accessories, diorama products, paints, etc.

One of our club members has a book retailing business and he will be there with a huge selection of books, great reference material covering many genres as well as modelling mags and books specifically related to modelling.

If you go to the QHME website, you will see a few names of traders in the Sponsors lists, but there will likely be more.

If you are planning to put something in the competion, then the website is where you pre-register for lodgement.

https://qmhe.com/competition-details/competition-form/

I'm not able to get there this year due to other commitments, but I hope you have a great time.

GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 08:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm not able to get there this year due to other commitments, but I hope you have a great time.

On the single, most-important weekend of the year for a Queensland modeller, you've managed to contrive "other commitments"??

Gaz
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 09:43 PM UTC
Hooo god!... I think my credit card will come out smoking hot, the website of the QMHE I already know word by word and photos for photos, I signed up this morning with a bust and if I can understand which category goes i also sign-up a FT-17 in 1/72 you can see here on armorama ... but I must also find the right system to bring it down without destroying it .... for me it is the first time that I enter a competition, in Milan I went from as a mere spectator and compulsive buyer,because the size of the event was such as to intimidate me as a competitor.

I agree with GazzaS "On the single, most-important weekend of the year for a Queensland modeller, you've managed to contrive "other commitments"??"...

i hope this for me become an annual appointment as it was Milan before
 _GOTOTOP