_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Model crazy
Tanked57
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 8 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 10:25 AM UTC
Saturday I walk out on my front porch and found 2 model battleship kits 1 aircraft carrier and 4 tanks don't know where they came from. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,792 Posts
KitMaker Network: 482 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 02:21 PM UTC
Open the window, glue fumes are starting to affect you.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 04:49 PM UTC
When I worked in a LHS for a while, we had a guy who'd come in and buy 2-3 kits every month or so. He'd leave his garage door up about six inches, so when he got home he could just slip any new kits under the garage door, rather than brining them in the front door! He said his marriage was happier that way! We had another customer who had been a roofer before he retired, and had a pick up truck with one of those large steel tool boxes in the back. One day we noticed he would buy a kit, and then go load it in the tool box, not in the cab. We finally got curious and asked why he'd spend up to $100 on a kit just to toss it into a tool box in the bed of his truck. His reply was "oh I used to store my tools in there, but now that I'm retired, it's empty but my wife never looks in there-- she thinks I still have my roofing tools stored there!".
VR, Russ
 _GOTOTOP