_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
Test Shot
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 03:54 AM UTC
Which of the two shots gives a more feel of a WWII pic?

Original one

greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 2,127 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 03:57 AM UTC
i think if you took the black and white one, and lowered the contrast to make it a bit less sharp, it would be perfect.

cheers

joe
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 03:25 AM UTC
Which one of these?

I've added noise on this sepia pic

On this one, I added some distortion

I've added noise, blur, sharpen and despekle on the pic.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 12:58 PM UTC
Howdy shonen,

Not sure which software you're using, but just as a suggestion....actually, first, a question. Can you do 'layers'? If so, can you layer the B&W photo with the sepia-toned one?
Give it go and see what you get. I have looked through my share of old photograph's, and my first discriptive impression would be a combination of both of those effects.
And, given the ability to input 'percentage's'....I would crank the sepia photo down to about 15-20%.
hth.

Tread.

Oh...also. cut down on the "distortion' (?)....this is not a Barbara Streisand photo shoot! #:-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 05:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Howdy shonen,

Not sure which software you're using, but just as a suggestion....actually, first, a question. Can you do 'layers'? If so, can you layer the B&W photo with the sepia-toned one?
Give it go and see what you get. I have looked through my share of old photograph's, and my first discriptive impression would be a combination of both of those effects.
And, given the ability to input 'percentage's'....I would crank the sepia photo down to about 15-20%.
hth.

Tread.

Oh...also. cut down on the "distortion' (?)....this is not a Barbara Streisand photo shoot! #:-)

Oopss... sorry for some missing information. Both the original sepia and B&W were done using my Canon Powershot G2. As for the blur and special effects, I tried using Adobe Photoshop. I'll try your technique
 _GOTOTOP