_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
RB Models!!
Sergas
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 51 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 03:26 AM UTC
So i bought myself a Metal Gun Barrel from RB Model for the new Trumpeter Tiger (Late Production with Zimmerit).

I found RB Model on ebay for really cheap money, like 10$ for the Gun Barrel+shipping cost! That is really good if you compare that to Abber for example, you pay up to 20-30$ for all of that. But one big problem i have with the RB Model Barrel.... they come without any instructions I personally never used much after market parts for my Models. So for me its kinda tough to figure out what goes where! Might be not a problem with someone that always buys after market for his Models.
So my question:
Can anyone help me with this particular Gun Barrel RB Model?? Maybe you have a site where there are instructions. RB Models homepage has 0 instructions. Just a few Photos where you can "kinda" see what goes were! Maybe you have experience with RB and can tell me what goes where. Or should i try Abber instructions?? I bought a Gun Barrel for a Panther i build a few months ago and they look kinda similar.
Anything helps here

cheers David
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberDirector of Member Services
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 6,693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,042 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 07:28 PM UTC
Hi David,
I haven't used this set but looking at the photos you linked to I get some ideas.
Parts layout, the last photo, shows the barrel, a small fret of photoetch and five ring shaped pieces. Number the ring shaped pieces from left to right, nr 1 is the conical part and nr 5 is the ring with 4 notches.
Nr 3 goes on the barrel at the front end of the thicker section.
This needs to be the first part slid onto the barrel.
Nr 5 comes next followed by nr 1.
This leaves nr 2, nr 4 and the PE-parts.
I have difficulties figuring out where/how nr 4 and the PE fits into the assembly.
In the first photo there seems to be a toothed ring visible through the opening in part nr 1. Is this the front end of the barrel showing the rifling?
Through the opening in part 2, the front end of the muzzle brake, I see at least one of the notched rings from the PE-set, maybe it is actually both of them.
It could be that the PE-rings are mounted on the dish-shaped part nr 4 and the assembly jammed between part 1 and 2.

I can not figure out where the smooth PE-ring should go.
Maybe on the dish shaped nr 4. It depends on how the other two rings fit to part nr 4. In photo 1 and 2 it looks as if the foremost PE-ring is flush with the center of part 4 so maybe the smooth PE ring is needed to get some backing/lift for the other two rings ...
A good look into the front of part nr 1 could help ....

/Robin
Sergas
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 51 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 - 12:47 AM UTC
Thanks for your help.

I posted this topic on a different website.
Apparently RB Models once produced Barrels for Armorscale. They (Armorscale) added a few resin pieces and sold the barrels under their own name. And if you go on Armorscales website, you actually find instructions!!!! But Armorscale seems to be out of business, just the website is still up.

If anyone is interested:
http://www.armorscale.com/#

cheers
David
 _GOTOTOP