_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Italeri Leopard II ?
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:39 AM UTC
I think I seen something a while back about somebody saying something was wrong with the Italeri Leopard II, and if it is could they tell me what it is. Thank You in advance

Kerry
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 01:41 AM UTC
Here is a link to a review of the old Italeri Leopard 2 kit: http://www.thot.net/~trea/trleo21.htm.
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
entire network: 4,342 Posts
KitMaker Network: 256 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 03:13 AM UTC
Italeri Leopard II kit portrays very early variant of Leopard 2. The most common version (used by Germany, Poland, Spain and several other countries) now is Leopard 2A4 and some changes are needed to convert the Italeri kit to A4 version. Here is the link to the article, which describes changes needed to the kit:
http://www.missing-lynx.com/articles/modern/okleo2/okleo2.htm

Regards,
Pawel
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 09:01 AM UTC
I appreciate the links Sabot and Pawel, now that seems interesting on the conversion Pawel, I got that bookmarked to go back to check that out.
Sabot I don't know whether or not that guy that give that review got a bad model, but on some of it, I think he just got out of the wrong side of the bed. I read all he said, and his model might of had some of them things, now like them small pimples on the back of the turret he spoke about, that was the only thing I found true between his and mine, and all it looks like is a tiny splatter of mud in a few places on the rear part of the turret.
Later on I'll go through the small parts to see if anything there is bad, but that guy said the tow cable is molded to the tank, now I never seen a tow cable that looked like that, plus, they give me another tow cable in the box. That looks like an air hose molded to the tank.
Like I said I thought there was a lot wrong with the Leopard II, but what I seen so far, that review is wrong, but as I go along, if I do find anything wrong I will say it, like I always said, I believe in the truth, and if there is nothing wrong with this model, people should know it.
Thank you again Sabot and Pawel

Kerry
 _GOTOTOP