_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Hi, We're a fairly new model manufacturer
orionfield
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2018 - 05:39 AM UTC
My apologies in advanced for posting this here and on the general aircraft forum on Aeroscale, I wanted to get as much exposure as possible.

My name is Dan, and I'm the CEO of Out of the Box Models. I just wanted to introduce myself and my company, and get to know all of you! I have been building 72nd scale planes for over 20 years, as well as N scale trains and 350th scale ships.

I started Out of the Box about a year ago. We are a 100% crowdsourced model company, so every model we make was commissioned by one of our customers. Everything we make is 3D printed to order, so we don't have to worry about stocking and overhead. We offer resin casting and inject molding for customers who want to pay for a more expensive commission. We have two ways of commissioning a model.

1. You can purchase one of our Flat Rate model design packages, or fill our our commission form. We don't have a flat rate for aircraft yet. Once we get more more commissions in aircraft, we'll have enough data to create a flat rate option as well.

2. You can also submit an idea for free, and we can create a crowdfunding page for it on our website. We already successfully funded a 1/72 Yak-9T and a 350th scale Light Cruiser USS Atlanta CL-51 in under 48 hours. Every crowdfund is capped at no more than 25 units, and gets 30 days to sell its allotted number of units. If it doesn't get at least half way after 30 days, everyone gets their money back. If it gets at least half way, theres a good chance that we will front the remaining money to push the project forward. Everyone who contributes to a crowdfunding project get that model as soon as development is complete. Contributing to a crowdfund is a good way to get a model a huge discount, and free global shipping.

I would love to know what ideas you have for new models. I would really like to see some ideas for Armor models, since right now we're doing mostly Railroad, Aircraft, and Ships.
ropeynz
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 134 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2018 - 05:51 AM UTC
Bailey Bridge.
orionfield
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2018 - 06:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Bailey Bridge.

Thats a really cool idea! What scale?
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 161 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2018 - 07:18 AM UTC
Interesting. I see you are crowdfunding the Protected Cruiser Chicago. I just passed that info onto the USS Chicago CG-11 facebook page.

Cheers
orionfield
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 10:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Interesting. I see you are crowdfunding the Protected Cruiser Chicago. I just passed that info onto the USS Chicago CG-11 facebook page.

Cheers

Thanks! Thats really nice of you!
 _GOTOTOP