_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Problems with Hobby Easy
MAROT79
Visit this Community
Hungary
entire network: 19 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 07:54 AM UTC
Does anybody have problems to communicate with Hobby Easy?
I was complaining due to a recent purchase while at checkout itwas shown 284,9 HKD total, and after that they charged my credit card 338,9 HKD, without any notification. I opened a complaining sheet, and they answered that was some fee of my bank. Thats a total bull..it, and I tried to clarify with them, but they didn't reply again. OK, that is not the end of the world, but I am really disappointed in their policy...
Usually I buy at Luckymodel, and there were no problems after a tons of ordered stuff.
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 1,517 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 11:13 AM UTC
HobbyEasy is my favorite store in Asia, I bought too many times from them and I have never had any problems, are you sure it is not a bank fee?...for the exchange or a credit card fee?...54 HK$ looks like a "Fee" number, I checked my order History (I do not want to ever do it again .... I realized how many $$$$ I gave them!.. ) And they did not never charged any fee to me .... on customer service I can not help you because I've never had to use it
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 06:40 AM UTC
I've been ordering, from HobbyEasy for years. I have never had a bad experience. Contacting them concerning replacement parts lead to them dispatching the order, within a few days. Having recently placed my first credit card offer, the order was shipped the next day. There was no fee, but this could be a difference in the creditor.
RussianArmor
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 111 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 11:01 PM UTC
All credit card companies charge a fee for foreign currency transactions.

So, perhaps you should complain to your credit card company about the fee they charged you for the foreign currency transaction and not Hobby Easy.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 11:09 PM UTC
I just checked. My credit charged me a $.04 fee. I can live, with that.
RussianArmor
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 111 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2018 - 12:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I just checked. My credit charged me a $.04 fee. I can live, with that.

Looks like the OP was charged $6.88. If I were them, I'd find a new credit card.
MAROT79
Visit this Community
Hungary
entire network: 19 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 09:35 AM UTC
OK, that's the full story.

I ordered at Hobbyeasy three sets of Voyager VT35012 track sets. The price is 90 HKD. If you put three sets into the shopping cart, it is shown 72 HKD per set, 216 HKD total. At checkout it was shown 284,9 HKD (216 plus 68,9 HKD shipping to Hungary). After I accept, Hobbyeasy charged my card 338,9 HKD (3X90 HKD plus 68,9 HKD for shipping), without any notification. It was no fee at my bank, the fee for the transiction is counted in the changing ratio from HKD to Hungarian currency, I asked my bank and ordered hundred times, so belive me that is the process.
After I was comlaining at Hobbyeasy they told me it could be a fee at my bank. I respond and try to clear the situation, but since that they have not answered.

https://www.hobbyeasy.com/proc?r=shopping&s=amend_order&step=view_order&order_number=H-18-0501-0065-I

So, as you see, it was originally 27,52 USD (216 HKD), but after Hobbyeasy counts 34,39 USD (270 HKD) plus 8,78 USD (68,9 HKD) for shipping.

Adam
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 10:00 AM UTC
HobbyEasy should send you an order confirmation. The total shown is with fees. At that point, you can cancel the order.
 _GOTOTOP