Place your announcements here please.
Hobbylinc
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 09:41 AM UTC
They posted a third of my order, last month. This month, instead of fulfilling the rest, they cancelled it. Now, they want to charge me to return the item I received and can't use, because they cancelled the rest of my order.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 12:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

They posted a third of my order, last month. This month, instead of fulfilling the rest, they cancelled it. Now, they want to charge me to return the item I received and can't use, because they cancelled the rest of my order.

Matt,
Which Hobbylinc--- Japan or Georgia? I've had my own problems with the one in Georgia, and won't ever order from them again.
VR, Russ
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 01:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Matt,
Which Hobbylinc--- Japan or Georgia? I've had my own problems with the one in Georgia, and won't ever order from them again.
VR, Russ

The one, in Georgia. By the time I pay shipping and their fee, I'll be losing $5.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 01:38 PM UTC
Ok, let me tell you my "horror story" with them. After Revell of Germany announced the new 1/32 ME 262 B, Hobbylinc put it up as a "Pre-Order", so my daughter placed an order as a gift for me, using her credit card. Then, about two months later, Hobbylinc announced they had the kit in stock. I knew my daughter had pre-ordered the kit for me (she'd given me a B-day "IOU" with the pre-order charge). So I sent an email with the "pre-order" tracking number. I received a curt email in return, stating they had received the kits, but all "pre-orders" had been filled, and I'd have to wait for the "next shipment", and the cost had gone from $31 to $42 plus shipping since the "pre-order" was a "special price". I further explained my order was a legitimate pre-order, with a tracking number, but they insisted they had filled all the "pre-orders". I asked my daughter if she had been charged for the kit, and she reported she hadn't, but she had received an email notice from them that the price had increased from $31 to $42 plus shipping, and they were holding her order until the kits came in! I told her to cancel the order. She went to Sprue Brothers and ordered the kit for $32, and it was delivered in 3 days. I won't ever deal with Hobbylinc again. Sprue Brothers is my go-to now, and I've never had any trouble.
VR, Russ
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,160 Posts
KitMaker Network: 123 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2018 - 04:27 AM UTC
I buy from Hobbylinc a good bit. I guess I've been lucky. I've had them send the wrong item and not send another. They addressed both issues quickly.

I have noticed that kit boxes seem to be damaged more lately. Often kits are missing their wrapping. I make a habit of checking the contents. They ship in 3-4 days, which usually takes 8 days to arrive. I'm a couple hours drive from them so I get 1-day shipping...once it ships. What can I say, Amazon Prime will spoil ya.

I don't know how they are set-up but I've heard that it's multiple sellers. That would explain different stock numbers and prices for the same item, the shipping delay, etc.

_GOTOTOP