_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Airbrush troubleshoot
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 06:26 PM UTC
Hi all...
i have a Tamiya Superfine ab...
i think i damage the needle tip...
symptom: when i pull the trigger , no paint come out....air flow is contnious...when i release the trigger, paint will spat...
i ask a few friend..they said it's t he needle...
i try to tune back the needle...after looking under a magnifyer, i noticed that the tips was slight bend....
follow some tips from various sources. i try to repair the damage by lightly sand it....
but this still doesnt seem to solve the problem...
How do i repaair it efectively?? I dont want to invest on a new needle...they're too expensive...
Lucky i have a reserve ab on standby....
Grifter
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 01:02 AM UTC
Your needle may indeed be slightly bent....BUT....I think your problem may actually be a clogged passage. Try soaking the front part of the airbrush in laquer thinner to dissolve any dried paint that may be in there. If there is a heavy build-up of paint, you can use a wooden toothpick to scrape it out. Just try not to soak the air valve in the thinner, because the laquer thinner can harm the seal over time. If that doesn't help, then it probably is the needle. Good luck!
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 12:13 PM UTC
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY SS GRIFTER...
I think, i have clean the front part...the nozzle cap..nozzle...
but the preoblem still persisted....

Quoted Text

Your needle may indeed be slightly bent....BUT....I think your problem may actually be a clogged passage. Try soaking the front part of the airbrush in laquer thinner to dissolve any dried paint that may be in there. If there is a heavy build-up of paint, you can use a wooden toothpick to scrape it out. Just try not to soak the air valve in the thinner, because the laquer thinner can harm the seal over time. If that doesn't help, then it probably is the needle. Good luck!

_GOTOTOP