_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Ordering Tamiya Spare Parts
MajorNumpty
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 60 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 04:09 PM UTC
I had purchased the Tamyia M1046 TOW Hummer on the weekend at a show and the TOW launcher is much more detailed than the one included with the old M151 MUTT I'm working on (along with 4 or 5 other projects.) I considered ordering the TOW sprue from the M1046 and replacing the M151 launcher.

Two questions; how accurate would the launcher be? The missle type changes from version to version but what of the launch tube and mount itself? What about ordering the spare parts? What's involved, cost ect, ect? Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 3,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 453 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 04:17 PM UTC
Major Numpty,
Some of the guys here concider me to be the resident expert on the TOW, since I wirk on the bad boy in the Army, both the Ground mount and on the Bradley. I have an article that was submitted a while back, but Jim and the guys are having trouble posting it. I can send it to via e-mail, but it is a big file.
To answer you question, the launcher and mount (TU - Traversing Unit) is the same on up to TOW2B. Now there is a new sight for the TOW, but I have no information on it since I havnt gone back to school to learn it and they are too new that the National Guard has not fielded them.
By the way, the article will help you out a little bit on that M1046.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 06:41 PM UTC
i will answer question on ordering parts...
so far only i know..rainbow 10 Japan carry part ordering for tamiya...
the cost is expensive...if u can see the part name in the tamiya instruction sheet...then u can see the price (in Yen)...but when ordering the part...the cost will be somthing from 200-400% of the actual price...

tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 05:27 AM UTC
u can call tamiya and u have to but he whole tree,
they will sale u the tree as long at the kit is still in prodrtion
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 05:38 AM UTC
www.tamiyausa.com (not sure about Canada)
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 09:49 AM UTC
I just ordered the new sprue and track out of the new M2A2 ODS to bring an olded M2A2 up to ODS and had no problem with them and it only cost about $15 with shipping. Not bad since the M2A2 only cost me about the same. Go here and call the 800 number for US.
MajorNumpty
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 60 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 10:11 AM UTC
The new sight is mounted on top of the original sight. Came about in the mid 90's or so. I plan to use the M151 in a diorama in a fictional war in 1983 between U.S and USSR. Just a little backround information on what I'm thinking.

Quoted Text

I have an article that was submitted a while back, but Jim and the guys are having trouble posting it. I can send it to via e-mail, but it is a big file.

My email is [email protected]. Thanks in advance for the article. I'll order the replacement parts when I get my first credit card in a week or so. Thanks for all your help.
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 3,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 453 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 10:26 AM UTC
Major,
Oh, your talking about the AN/TAS-4C or Thermal Night Sight. Dragon also has a set that has that piece too. Its the Tank Killer's set. It has the TOW Ground Mount and a Dragon Meduim Anti Tank Missile with Day/Night Tracker.

Article will be on the way!!!!

Out Here!
 _GOTOTOP