Post your parts needs here.
French amx 13 smoke dischargers
iamheaminot
Visit this Community
Invercargill, New Zealand
entire network: 265 Posts
KitMaker Network: 57 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2018 - 01:24 PM UTC
Help! I am after four French style smoke discharges as used on the AMX 13 tank to go on my sherman turret.
Willing to pay or sort out a suitable trade Or point me in a suitable direction so I can buy some.
Many thanks
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,353 Posts
KitMaker Network: 94 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2018 - 01:33 PM UTC
Why not scratch build them. They do not look that hard to do

Check out Olivier's build on the old Heller kit
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/220616
iamheaminot
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2018 - 02:21 PM UTC
True. Easy enough as I have scratched them in years gone by. Now I am old and lazy
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,353 Posts
KitMaker Network: 94 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 01:05 AM UTC
Oh so many lines for an Aussie to post here now......

I guess I'm just old and pedantic then.... I can't resist improving a kit when it needs it.

iamheaminot
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 11:02 AM UTC
Eons ago (many light years ago I might add) when Luke wasn't thought of even by Darth one only had two options. Make it yourself or don't make it! Scratch built many a bit of armour and figures using what was available. In the 60s couldn't buy plastic card so had to make do with photo card. Built many a turret etc from carved wood coated with plastic soup. Plasticine was used to cast with. Or plaster of paris if using metal. Had a fantastic time. Used to buy the old Bellona booklets and 1/48 tank plans were in a Model Engineer. Remember my first Tamiya kit, a M8 motorized armoured car, wobbly old thing. Not to mention a Coventry armoured car that only sort of looked like the prototype.
Plus not much in the way of dollars to spend on a hobby when little mouths needed feeding.
Used to get the Airfix magazine as a schoolboy and I think I must have made every conversion a la Chris Ellis over a 6 year period. Then came the boom of the 70s. Now we have kits a plenty. Add ons so numerous that it is impossible to keep up. What is available I can now afford. The one thing I am short of is time so to me, if I spend say three hours building from scratch that is about a 100 dollars worth.
Populating tanks etc is my thing. Not into every bit of inside detail. More so if it cannot be seen.
Each to their own.
Power to everyone's paint brush and scalpel
 _GOTOTOP