_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Easy Link Tracks
cutigerfan
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 133 Posts
KitMaker Network: 47 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 03:00 PM UTC
I just received a set of Easy Link Metal tracks for Leopard 2 & Variants and the question is has anyone else worked with these before? I can say that they are nothing like the ones I used before. The set I've used before were for a panzer lV with little tabs you just fold over the next link and their connected. These I have now are not that way. So do l just glue them together (link to link)? If so, then they become non workable. Need some help on this. Thanks.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberDirector of Member Services
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 6,693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,042 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 03:41 PM UTC
If you have the EML35-004 then there is a Youtube clip at this page:
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/227491-easy-metal-links-eml35-004-kampfpanzer-leopard-2-and-variants

It seems that it is click together and then carefully press the end connectors inward. Look carefully when the fourth link is added, the video starts with two assembled links, when he adds the fourth he breaks the end connector.
Doesn't look like a very reliable process ....

/ Robin
cutigerfan
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 133 Posts
KitMaker Network: 47 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 06:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If you have the EML35-004 then there is a Youtube clip at this page:
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/227491-easy-metal-links-eml35-004-kampfpanzer-leopard-2-and-variants

It seems that it is click together and then carefully press the end connectors inward. Look carefully when the fourth link is added, the video starts with two assembled links, when he adds the fourth he breaks the end connector.
Doesn't look like a very reliable process ....

Thank you Robin for this. But I think that's a pretty crappy design by Easy Links. Hopefully I'll be able to make them work. Obviously if I'd known before I purchased them that this how they go together I'd never bought them. I guess you live and learn. But thanks again.

/ Robin

RobinNilsson
Staff MemberDirector of Member Services
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 6,693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,042 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 12:36 PM UTC
I try to choose styrene indy-link tracks when possible. I prefer assembly-by-glue instead of pressing/deforming metal to form joints.
The "workable"-feature doesn't interest me. The only thing I have issues with is when double-pin tracks come with the end connectors molded in place on the links. It works just fine for the straight runs but curves around idlers and sprockets can be described as a P.I.T.A.
/ Robin
 _GOTOTOP