_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
REVIEW : Abteilung 502 Oil Paint Range - MTSC
Jcondemichtoy
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
entire network: 87 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 10:34 PM UTC
Hello,

In my latest review for the Michigan Toy Soldier Blog, I look into Abteilung 502 Oil Paint Range, used to paint Life Miniature's "Rommel" Bust, in a 4 part article.

Check out the review on the link below, and stay tuned for the next chapters, which I will share my Leather painting technique and flesh tones using oils, and Abteilung 502 products for the first time !

https://michtoy-from-the-front.blogspot.com.br/2018/04/mtsc-trench-runner-dispatch-julian_11.html

Best
Julian

Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 1,517 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 04:12 AM UTC
Very interesting also because I use me too the Talents Rembrandt Oils, but it leaves me more 'questions than answers, how and where did you use the thinners? ... the fast Dry Thinner how fast drying compared to the usual dry times ?. ... and for the Matt Effect thinner? ....But the question that buzzes more 'in my brain ..... No Brushes for the skin ???? .... how?...
Jcondemichtoy
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
entire network: 87 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 04:39 AM UTC
Vicious,

On this build and 4 part article I did not use any thinners or auxiliary product for oil paint.

I am still to review those in the near future. But for my application on leather and skin I need the raw oil natural “shine” after dry. This is what males using oils so rewarding for leather simulation, its natural sheen. What you see in my bust has nothing else on top of the leather and skin tone but raw straight from the tube oil paint. My method is pretty straightforward to use, but yes, for the greater effect on this technique I don’t use a brush.

The next two weeks will get those articles published on the blog. First leather and last skin tones. I willl post here, but stay tuned on the blog.

After, if you have any questions, let me know !

Best
Julian
 _GOTOTOP