_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Obscure USSR Kits ...
Voodoo
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 12 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 06:40 AM UTC
Not sure if any of you might be familiar with HobbyTerra (www.hobbyterra.com) and the kits they carry. For any of you out there that are interested in older USSR kits, this place seems to carry a good selection. Not sure on the quality of these kits, I just happened to have stumbled on it while searching for something else. Hope someone can use the information.

dbusack
Visit this Community
South Dakota, United States
entire network: 971 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 06:49 AM UTC
I've ordered from them several times. Suprisingly fast service. I don't have any complaints about them.

Don
MadMeex
Visit this Community
Vaasa, Finland
entire network: 424 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 08:10 AM UTC
They're a regular place I shop. If you're looking for Russian kits, then they have unbeatable prices, fair shipping, and great service. I give them two thumbs up. On the topic of Russian dealers, I'd stay away from Armybook (www.armybook.com). I've ordered a dozen items from them on January 8th, they shipped one item from the order in February, and the rest is still waiting. In short, you can't count on them having in stock what they say they have.

Mika
Voodoo
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 12 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 09:06 AM UTC
Don & Mika,...
Thanks for your feedback

dbusack
Visit this Community
South Dakota, United States
entire network: 971 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 09:21 AM UTC
One thing I forgot to mention. When your order arrives, the models are not in thier boxes. The boxes are still in their original flat printed shape. The models are individually bagged so it is not hard to seperate them out. They do it this way to make it a smaller package to ship.

Don
Spades
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 776 Posts
KitMaker Network: 190 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 12:11 PM UTC
I have built some of the russian kits, mostly 1/72. Kits from ACE, require alot of work on them just to be satisfied, but they have great ideas on the stuff they build.
 _GOTOTOP