Hosted by Matt Leese
H&S Evolution CR Plus ?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 23, 2018 - 03:10 PM UTC
I was wondering if anyone has experience, with this brush.? It comes, with a .15mm tip. Does that translate, into a finer line than my Badger, with .2mm tip? TIA
PRH001
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
entire network: 681 Posts
KitMaker Network: 64 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 23, 2018 - 07:52 PM UTC
That depends on what media you spray. Generally speaking there is not a whole lot of difference if you use paint. If you use inks and other very thin media, you could potentially spray a finer line.

With the smaller tip, the paint needs to be thinned more for proper spraying and good atomization which means a less dense line weight. The extra thinning on some, but certainly not all, paints takes them to the point where adhesion is impaired.

I have had good luck spraying dark colors of the Tamiya range thinned with lacquer thinner through my .15mm Infinity which uses the same tip components as the Evolution.

The heads and paint channels on H&S brushes are very easy to clean compared to a fixed nozzle brush.

My .15mm Infinity works very very well, but a quality brush like the Iwata HP-B, Badger Krome or Tamiya Superfine will come very close to what the .15mm tips will spray and will be slightly less fussy about thinning.

Hope this helps,
Paul H
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 23, 2018 - 08:31 PM UTC
Thanks Paul. I know that Iwata has acquired Harder&Steenbeck, so I assumed they are quality brushes. I'll just stick, with my .2mm Badger and save a couple of hundred dollars.
 _GOTOTOP