_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Delete account
Closed
Visit this Community
Kabul, Afghanistan
entire network: 10 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 23, 2018 - 02:06 AM UTC
Hello ,

For a personal reason I have decided to leave this forum .

Please can you delete my account ?

Thanks .

If an admin or modo want send me a email , you can send it .

Closed
Visit this Community
Kabul, Afghanistan
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 11:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello ,

For a personal reason I have decided to leave this forum .

Please can you delete my account ?

Thanks .

If an admin or modo want send me a email , you can send it .

CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 - 12:52 AM UTC
It is not possible to delete an account, sorry.
drabslab
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,186 Posts
KitMaker Network: 263 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 - 01:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It is not possible to delete an account, sorry.

seems like a "to be programmed" requirement to me. Simple thing is to leave all content on the site but to allocate it to "john doe" or something like that.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 - 02:09 AM UTC
I can only ban an account which will delete all of his posts and any replies to posts he has started.
Closed
Visit this Community
Kabul, Afghanistan
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 - 04:08 PM UTC
Hello ,

Yes it's a solution to change the name of account and ban a profil .

Just to informe all users : https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/FR/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32016R0679

In Europe there is a new law which concerne the private data , which are used by website.

A system to create or "delete/close" an account must be taken is place .

Thanks for the help.
drabslab
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,186 Posts
KitMaker Network: 263 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 - 07:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello ,

Just to informe all users : https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/FR/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32016R0679

In Europe there is a new law which concerne the private data , which are used by website.

Thanks for the help.

well, I think that you have a difficult case here.

1. This whole regulation (from 2016) is all about personal data protection. Your user account does not contain any "personal data", it is fairly difficult, if not impossible, to find out who you are on basis of this user account.

2. The right to the protection of personal data is not an absolute right; it must be considered in relation to its function in society and be balanced against other fundamental rights, in accordance with the principle of proportionality.

3. Kitmaker is an US company and the site is also hosted in the United States. Whatever the regulation claims, you will have a hard time convincing a European court to go after an US based website for the sake of a person impossible to be identified who claims to live in Kabul; Afghanistan which is, as far as I know, not in the European Union. I guess the EU will go after Facebook first.

But I agree with one thing, the site should be able to replace any user account by some autogenerated account to remove all personal data from the site, but to maintain the content. This appears to be a relatively simple script to make.

By the way, if "truc" and "tanaka59" are not anonymous enough for you, feel free to change them.

:-H
Closed
Visit this Community
Kabul, Afghanistan
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 12:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hello ,

Thanks for the help.

well, I think that you have a difficult case here.

1. This whole regulation (from 2016) is all about personal data protection. Your user account does not contain any "personal data", it is fairly difficult, if not impossible, to find out who you are on basis of this user account.

2. The right to the protection of personal data is not an absolute right; it must be considered in relation to its function in society and be balanced against other fundamental rights, in accordance with the principle of proportionality.

3. Kitmaker is an US company and the site is also hosted in the United States. Whatever the regulation claims, you will have a hard time convincing a European court to go after an US based website for the sake of a person impossible to be identified who claims to live in Kabul; Afghanistan which is, as far as I know, not in the European Union. I guess the EU will go after Facebook first.

But I agree with one thing, the site should be able to replace any user account by some autogenerated account to remove all personal data from the site, but to maintain the content. This appears to be a relatively simple script to make.

By the way, if "truc" and "tanaka59" are not anonymous enough for you, feel free to change them.

:-H

Yes you can change the name of my account. I have too change the country with the first value on the list.
 _GOTOTOP