_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Possible Hobby Lobby Sale....
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 428 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 12:56 PM UTC
Well, I hate to break the rules, but my brother Nathan (a.k.a. The Shark here at the "Big A") works at a Hobby Lobby up in Muncie, near his college. Anyhoo, he told me that his Hobby Lobby is going to have a 50% sale on all models. I don't know if it's just his or not, but I'd keep an eye out. I'll check for confirmation soon such as.........now. I'll post when I confirm. Thanks for your time.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:07 PM UTC
Howdy MEBM,

Many thx for the 'heads-up!' Even though I always wish for Hobby Lobby to increase their shelf offering's, I am still always grateful for their "50% off Sale!".....
If you could stay on top of that, I'm sure the great majority of members here who happen to have a HL nearby will be grateful as all dicken's!

Personally I'm waitin' on the Sale to pick up the cargo GMC, the 'early' prod. Sherm, a couple of Quad & 25-pounder kits, and a couple more Blackhawk's and probably the new 1/32nd scale Hornet.

Tread.
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:46 PM UTC
Yes we do have a 50% sale on all plastic models starting Monday. We just put up the signs tonight, I was going to post it but you beat me to it MEBM. #:-)
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:53 PM UTC
Cool!! I take it your brother goes to Ball State MEMB? Anyhow, this rocks because I almost went to the Lob today to try and find a kit for the Sci Fi build. Glad I waited.

Thanks for the heads up.

Shaun
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 07:19 PM UTC
Yeah sure, they have the sale the day AFTER my birthday. Still, I'll be down there Monday to pick up myself a couple of late presents. The Tamiya Pershing and early Sherman for sure, possibly even a couple of floaty things.

MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 05:21 AM UTC
Hey, no problem, I'm going to get a couple of Tamiya 251's. Maybe make it accurate......
Thanks for your time.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 05:34 AM UTC
Howdy Whiskey,

Ooooohhhhh, so, aside from MEBM, you're the guy to check with for the big HL sale huh? :-)
Thanks for confirming MEBM's suspictions.
Now, is that the in-store sale, or is it only the 'Internet' sale? Meaning, do we need to print the website coupons?

Tread.

Oh, and HalfYank....only a couple of 'floaty' things?
Hmmmm, since you're such a nice guy Halfyank, I guess I'm going to have to think about picking up a B-day gift for ya!
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 05:38 AM UTC
It is an in store sale Tread. No coupon needed. It was in the paper here today. Those Hobbycraft AS 90s will be almost free...

Shaun

/Polar Lights sub from "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" gets carted/
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 05:55 AM UTC

Thanks keenan. And you're right about those Hobby Craft AS 90's. I just recently started my personal "Incoming!!" Campaign build thread, and as the initial post I relisted all of the participants in the Campaign. I noticed that a decent number of the entrants had not yet chosen a kit to build. Maybe after word get's out of the Hobby Lobby 50% off Sale, we'll be seeing a sharp increase in the number of AS 90 entires!! :-) :-)

Tread.

Heck, I'll pick up at least one. At what, $10.00, it's worth it.
Oh!...and for those of you who are participating in BroAbram's wonderful M1A1 Abram's build, the Hobby Craft M1A1 kit (which again will only be around $10.00) contains both the correct rear drive sprocket, as well as the proper 'big foot' tracks! So, if you want to accurize your Abrams, and have either the Tammy kit or the Dragon, here's a chance to pick these items up for pennies on the dollar!!!
HTH.
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 07:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ooooohhhhh, so, aside from MEBM, you're the guy to check with for the big HL sale huh?

No! It's me! I posted here first! It's my glory, all mine! :-) Thanks for your time.
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 07:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Ooooohhhhh, so, aside from MEBM, you're the guy to check with for the big HL sale huh?

No! It's me! I posted here first! It's my glory, all mine! :-) Thanks for your time.

Well I guess so. I do work there lol. The funny thing about the sale is last night while I was working I asked a buddy of mine over in the Hobby department when the next sale on models will be. He told he wasnt sure and then about an hour later he came up to me and told me that him and me could get the 50% off sale 24 hours ahead of everyone else. I bought about 6 things before we closed last night lol.
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 3,179 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 04:51 AM UTC
Thanks for the heads up guys.
Just sangged the Academy F/A-18. I think I'll build all the deck crew as vignettes..... Also grabbed the reissued Monogram AV-8, it'll be intersting to see what they did to that kit (sounds like it should have a new resin nose)
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 04:55 AM UTC
I'm Jealous..........no HL near me.........
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 05:38 AM UTC
Just snagged the Hobbycraft AS-90 for $12.00. Think I'll grab an M1A1 mid week somethime. Absolutely NO SCI-FI stuff. Bummer.

Shaun
dsmith
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 183 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 06:53 AM UTC
Well, I was in Hobby Lobby this morning -- I didn't know about the sale -- honest -- and once again, they have taken lots of my money How can one resist these sales........
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,331 Posts
KitMaker Network: 334 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 02:32 PM UTC
Doug, resistance is futile...(said as MJ stealthily brings new kits into the basement, away from prying spousal eyes)

Mike

phoenix-1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 629 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 03:40 PM UTC
Hee Hee...
All this talk of "wait until tomorrow to buy that kit, we're having a 50% sale" sure does sound a lot like "insider trading" lol. #:-)
Kyle
 _GOTOTOP