Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Does Youtube Herald the End of Magazines?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 03:28 PM UTC
I still pick up the odd modeling magazine, but have noticed Youtube has more media. While it is nice to read and article can it compare to the wealth of information found on the web? What do you guys and gals think?
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,792 Posts
KitMaker Network: 482 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 08:58 PM UTC
Unless YouTube vids can be blown up so you can really see the detail like you can with magazines, both digital and paper, then magazines will always be superior. Another thing about magazines is you can build up a library that you can keep both digital and paper while YouTube videos can be taken down and removed by the uploader unless you download and save them. I have a large library of magazines, some going back to the early 90's, and gigabytes of digital magazines that are backed up so I won't lose them.
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 01:02 AM UTC
Both Youtube and print magazines have their benefits. Personally, (probably because I'm older) I prefer magazines.
I like to know I have something around that interests me when the electricity goes out

Cheers,
C.
captfue
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 785 Posts
KitMaker Network: 210 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 08:54 AM UTC
I'm a big fan of youtube, but my printed ref. materials are closer to my work space. I believe there is room for both.