Events & Shows: North America
Shows and events in North America.
Hobby Town USA update
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:22 AM UTC
Don't forget that the Spring Hobby Town contest if 27 March. Get out there and enter and support your local hobby store. http://www.hobbytown.com/custompages/?id=6772
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:42 AM UTC
Hmmmm.... My RMG dio has to be done on the 28th of March anyway. Nearest Hobby Town is an hour away in Indy. Heck with it. I just might go.

Thanks Animal!!

Shaun
CARFACE
entire network: 128 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 04:26 AM UTC
Thanks Animal,
I think I'll take my LVTH6 and see what happens
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 04:41 AM UTC
Just another reminder that this Saturday is the contest Nation wide. Get involved in your Community. Help to keep our hobby alive
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2004 - 02:57 AM UTC
Locally, attendance was more than doubled at all the HobbyTown USA locations in my area - seems like the word is spreading. Nicer models are showing up too.

My M25 Dragon Wagon/M18 HellCat combination was awarded a Best of Show this time around for the National Model Photo Contest. My gun truck "Sopwith Camel" was awarded by the Staff a Best Military Vehicle award.

Gunnie
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2004 - 03:12 AM UTC
Way to go Gunnie. Looks like your on to the Nationals again. Yougot my vote there also. I didn't enter this time. I worked the show instead. I had a great time and we were able to get some workshops scheduled. Again well done and three cheers to our Gunnie.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2004 - 03:15 AM UTC
Congrats Gunnie!!
I couldn't make it. Had to work. Not complaining, though. They just shuttered an RCA plant here and put 1,000 people out of work. Just glad to have a job around here anymore...

Shaun.
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 3,179 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2004 - 03:48 AM UTC
My local show got canned for the spring. Hope they do it in the fall, if not I'll go down to Appleton.
Looks like I'll miss the show in Verona this year too. Only goona be NordiCon in Mpls and Glue Crew Show in Wausau, both this fall....
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2004 - 04:22 AM UTC
Congratulations Gunnie. The pictures of your set that have appeared in FSM really want me to see it in person.

I was kind of disappointed in our show. I was one of the first people there, 20 minutes after drop off began, and there were only three dioramas set up so far. I came early, before pick up was supposed to begin, but many models had been picked up already. All together what I saw was one ship, the Titanic, a half dozen 1/35th armor kits, a couple 1/72 scale tanks, and some Sci Fi kits. Here are the pics I took. I didn't have much left on my memory card so this is only a few of the kits.

Hobby Town Contest

Congratulations to all who attended. Hopefully the word will keep getting out and they'll be more available in the fall.

GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2004 - 05:53 AM UTC
Thanks guys - and I believe you were awarded a third for your M7 Priest, right Rodger? Congratulations are in order for you too!

Thanks for the pics. I was so busy talking Sci-Fi with the Staff at the store, I completely forgot to take any pictures...

Gunnie
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2004 - 03:22 PM UTC

Congrats to Gunnie and Rodger. Way to go guys!

I entered my M151A2 Shmira but didn't place. But there were lots of great models there.
Everything from a Large scale Tiger to a 76 scale LRDG diorama. There was everything from a Battleship to figures. One guy did a diorama of the Kegs Drive In (a local landmark that survived the flood of '97) and one of the girls did a mudcovered crewcab pickup that she called her "flood truck" (may be a theme here ). Lots of great modelers to talk to.
All in all I had a great time ! Already planning my fall entry.

Chuck
:-) :-) :-)
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 03:28 AM UTC
Congrats to you Rodger for placing also. Way to go!!!
 _GOTOTOP