_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Questions on the King
blackwolf
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 68 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 04:35 AM UTC
No not Elvis. The king tiger that is. I'm looking for pics or refrence photo's of camo patterns and any ideas on how to do a white wash. I heard regular chalk ground up with water to make a paste works. But has anybody tried it? As usual thanks for any info. Scott
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 05:35 AM UTC
Gosh I wouldn,t use ordinary chalk for a whitewash...I have heard of a technique using white pastel chalks diluted in thinner...I haven't tried it yet...as for pictures of KT cammo's I think the best thing would be to look at peoples work in different galleries on the net ..There are some really nice kits to help give you some inspiration..

Rick
jejack2
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 322 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 09:31 AM UTC
blackwolf, here's a link with a couple (6) different camo schemes on KTs (not to mention a bunch of other german afvs) http://bsdi.usppp.com/wwiiscalemodels/schemes/panzertarnung.html

As for white wash, you can use white PASTEL (not oil) chalk diluted with water. However I will caution you to try it on a "junk" model first, it looks like there isn't much on the model til the water evaporates. You can then use a stiff bristled brush to "scrub away" any unwanted chalk (i.e. you put too much, to show wear and tear etc.) The good thing is if you mess it up, or put too much on, you can just wash the model in water to get the chalk off. Personally I paint the base color (I used acrylics mostly). Then dilute some MM Acryl Flat white (resonably thin maybe 1:1, haven't measured so you have to experiment a little) then I just use an old brush that I cut the bristles a little short on. Brush/scrub it on like you would expect a real person to use a broom, branch or whatever. I was happy with my results. Hope it helps!

these are the only pics I have of a winter camo scheme, that I have done, sorry the detail isn't better. (btw this is still inprog)

blackwolf
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 68 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 12:45 PM UTC
No thats great thanks for the link and ideas. Scott
 _GOTOTOP