_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Squadron White v. Green Putty
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 08:53 PM UTC
What is the difference, between Squadron White Putty and Green Putty?
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 161 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 09:30 PM UTC
It is the same stuff just a choice of color.

Cheers
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 09:34 PM UTC
Nothing-- except the color. I find the white is easier to paint over in some cases when using lighter colors. These days I prefer Tamiya white and gray putty though-- it seems to be finer in texture, mixes better with liquid cement, and lasts longer in the tube than the Squadron brand does. Bondo red is also excellent-- will last a long time if stored properly, and is cheaper and can be found in any good auto-parts store. The red color is a little hard to cover up though-- I use it for really dark finishes--- works great under black or dark blue paints if you're not primering first.
VR, Russ
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 10:08 PM UTC
Thank you for the fast replies. I have Squadron White Putty, for 8 years. Just remove the dried layer, on top and it is good. Bondo was my first putty(10 years, maybe?). Still works great. I also have , Mr. Dissolved Putty, Tamiya White Putty, Vallejo Putty, and Delux putty(just remove the dry part). I've never taken care to store them, in a controlled environment. Since the color is the only difference, my next putty to try will be liquid Green Stuff. I'm going at this like I do primers. Eventually, I will try them all and do a feature on the pros and cons.
 _GOTOTOP