_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Anyone build the 1/72 Meng F-106/F-102 yet?
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 10:12 PM UTC
Folks, I've been building the Meng 1/72 F-106 and two of the Meng F-102s. The Meng F-106 has to be one of the most detailed 1/72 scale kits ever made. The fine rivet detail and opened panels are superb, but I'm finding some fit problems. I've checked on line but can't find any builds of this kit. Have any of you built it yet? Specifically, everything has gone together well, except when I went to join the one piece wing to the fuselage, and add the intake spilters, I have big gaps all around the wing fuselage join, and at the rear part of the wing join at the bottom of fuselage it "bumps up" in a significant "step" in back. I've removed a bunch of material inside the fuselage, and I still have the problem. I'd say it was me, but I'm building two of thier F-102s too, and I have exactly the same problem, and the "bump" or "step" at the lower fuselage is even worse in the F-102s-- and there's a large gap on all the models on the right side of the wing/fuselage join. These are really nice kits, there are features that are incredible in this scale, but the fit of the wing-to-fuselage join is putting me off-- I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or if it's just me?
VR, Russ
 _GOTOTOP