_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
HG Camo
steve-o
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 545 Posts
KitMaker Network: 66 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 03:14 AM UTC
Does anyone know where to find a color pic of the Herman Goering Pz Div. camo? I have tons of black and white pics of their special "Three-tone" camo, but no real idea as to the actual colors. Specifically, the sponge-applied ones that were on their Stugs... Thanks a ton!
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 04:57 AM UTC
If you are talking about the StugIII F's in the Panzer color books ,the latest info on these stugs is that they have nothing to do with the HG division or the Italian campaign and that these pictures were taken somewhere like Norway while the army was in training .. I don,t have all the info right here in front of me but if you want I can dig up the info on what division they do belong to .

Rick
steve-o
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 545 Posts
KitMaker Network: 66 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 10:14 AM UTC
Whoa! I guess it's true that you can't believe everything you read!! Thanks Rick! I woulda felt really dumb if I put alot of time into painting that, and then posted a totally wrong pic.

Do you have any idea what the "Right" camo would have been? The other pics I have seen show them as Dark Yellow. (??)
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 05:38 AM UTC
You are right about that ..seems most HG vehicles were left in just the dark yellow camo..Now I did say most because I'm sure someone will find a picture of a 3 colored panther just to prove me wrong ..lol

Rick
 _GOTOTOP