_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Shapeways help Pelican cases?
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 06:06 PM UTC
It is no surprise that there is a LOT of stuff on Shapeways, and that their search engine *cough cough* exerts a great deal less air pressure than the surrounding atmosphere *cough*...

I am looking for some 1/35th scale Pelican/Yeti style military hard cases for a build and cannot get past the first 23 pages of zoo animals, nekid dancing ladies or model RR stuff NOT EVEN IN 1/35th..

Has anyone got a store name or designer name who makes such things there?

Mike
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 07:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It is no surprise that there is a LOT of stuff on Shapeways, and that their search engine *cough cough* exerts a great deal less air pressure than the surrounding atmosphere *cough*...

I am looking for some 1/35th scale Pelican/Yeti style military hard cases for a build and cannot get past the first 23 pages of zoo animals, nekid dancing ladies or model RR stuff NOT EVEN IN 1/35th..

Has anyone got a store name or designer name who makes such things there?

Mike

That is funny , and well same for me also. LOL

Not the best search engine is it.

Good luck.

Jeff
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 07:29 PM UTC
As one of the designers on there, their search engine does SUCK royally. I had no luck finding too many on there.

I know ANT miniatures offers some weapons in resin. I've seen a few smaller ones on Ebay from a seller in China as well.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 07:37 PM UTC
Found these:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZZE4B3TN5/1-35-military-storage-box-set?optionId=57854733&li=marketplace

https://www.shapeways.com/product/PA36AXLEQ/1-35-mm08-pallet-ready-case?optionId=62159211&li=marketplace

MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 07:09 PM UTC

Gino,
Thanks that's exactly what I was looking for. I saw the largest pallet case on the first page and the figure sets on the subsequent pages, but the actual item I was searching for did not appear in the first TEN (!!) pages...

The quality looks good, but as with a lot of stuff there the price is steep. $11 for 3 cases, with the bonus of being hollow so interiors are doable. I had not planned posing one opened, but it is good to have the option.

Black Dog also has a resin set T35067 with closed cases that might fit my needs a little better and more affordably. I'm trying to load up a Meng pickup for Special Forces/CIA Afghanistan.

This would seem like a great Live Resin offering as well, wouldn't it?
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
entire network: 5,579 Posts
KitMaker Network: 538 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 07:15 PM UTC
Pro Art did a set of Pelican cases in resin, but these sets are hard to find as the company is now defunct. MacOne Models makes a set as well: link

ANT has some Pelican cases as well, here's the review of one of those: link

Mario
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 07:30 PM UTC
If you only need a few, Meng has a few in their 1/35 Modern U.S. Military Individual Load-Carrying Equipment set (#SPS-015). It has a bunch of other gear that may be useful as well.

_GOTOTOP