_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: IPMS
Topics about IPMS (International Plastic Modeler's Society).
New IPMS Kitmaker club trying to start.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 12:10 PM UTC
We have our own online club which is part of the Kitmaker network, IPMS Kitmaker UK Bulldogs This club has around 90 members and we need to branch out to take the strain a bit better.

So we are looking to recruit members of the Kitmaker network to form an online club, to be called IPMS Kitmaker Scotland. To form this club we need 5 members of the IPMS who live in Scotland. We have one who will be the club President, Peter Sutherland-Findler (noddy927), so we need 4 more. You don't have to be Scottish you just need to reside in Scotland, at this time. When we have 5 IPMS members we can then approach the IPMS to form the club.

If you are not a member of the IPMS but would like to join then that is also good.

One other thing, if you are a member of IPMS Kitmaker UK can you PM me with your email address please. When this was set up, 12 years ago there was no indication of the amount of members that might result and I neglected to collect member information. To that end I have not been able to contact most of the members to keep them aware of what was happening and I would very much like to rectify that situation.

A little bit of background on IPMS Kitmaker UK:
The club was formed to enable members of the Kitmaker network to be able to meet at clubs and we have members around the country who regularly attend model shows. There is often cake and custard and other goodies for members and we have a diverse bunch of modellers. The show curcuit culminates in the IPMS Scale Modelworld show held at the Telford International Centre over the Remembrance week end, each year.

If you like the idea of meeting fellow Kitmaker Network enthusiasts and therefore modelling enthusiasts then these clubs are for you. We are quite a diverse bunch with and happily include women and the younger modeller

Thanks for taking the time to read this, Jocks and Jockesses, where are you
md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 4,950 Posts
KitMaker Network: 564 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 10:40 PM UTC
Sorry, Mal the closest I get to Scotland is that bottle of 10yo Scotch on the shelf.

Best of luck with it, I'd like to see the concept work out.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2017 - 11:45 AM UTC
I think that I need to advertise this on a wider scale

Enjoy your 10yo Scotch Mark
 _GOTOTOP