_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Testors decal set # 8804
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 11:10 PM UTC
Has anybody ever used this, and is it any good, and just what does it do? Thank You in advance.
Straightedge
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 01:08 AM UTC
I use testors decal solution and it is like the other decal sets. Mine is a larger bottle and i didnt notice the number on it but will look as I got home back.it smells like vinegar as you open the bottle :-) .I apply my decals after I brush this to the surface and decal sticks good to the surface .I am not sure it is the decal or the solution
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 805 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 02:26 AM UTC
Testors decal set is what I used to use. It is very similar to Micro-Set, and is very good at helping your decals settle down and be smooth on the surface. It's not as strong as Micro-Sol so if you have really troublesome/thick decals or complex curves to cover it may not be able to get them to behave as well as you would like.
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 11:57 AM UTC
I thank you for replying to me on this, I seen it at the hobby shop, and I figured I had nothing, and this has to be better then nothing, but for some reason, I haven't even used any, and I noticed the bottle is half empty, and it does have a slight smell of vinegar, and all it said was to brush on the model, and on the decal after you apply it. I was mainly concerned about hearing about some sets being real strong, and sense you said this is weaker then the others, I don't haft to worry about that anymore. Thanks again Graywolf, and TwistedFate
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
entire network: 779 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 12:25 PM UTC
just yesterday I bought that same stuff and I was wondering why is it half empty, but now I now it is normal. the cap on my bottle was pretty rusted tough, it was almost impossible to open until I used plyers, the smell is terrible, It almost made me sick.
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 10:38 PM UTC
Dragonslain I've seen hard cider that people said was good, smell lots worse then this, but you are right about the rusted cap, and being on good, I had to strain so hard, if you would of stuck a pipe up my backside, you could of made washers.
 _GOTOTOP