_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Liquid Decal Film
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 08:47 PM UTC
I've seen this product in a local hobby store, now what's with this chemical? Can this be used as a sealer for inkjet printed decals?
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 08:57 PM UTC
Shonen I actually don't know if it can be used to seal decals made for inkjet (I personally don't think so because you have to apply it by brush andn this quite likely will cause the ink to run). What it's great for is when you have old decals that risk to fall down in pieces once put in the water; Give a coat of liquid decal film and this risk is avoided! Another use is to give consistency to the decals printed with wax/resin inks on plain decal paper (I mean the one who has got only a glue coat and not a film carrier).
Ciao
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 03:51 AM UTC
You can't use it over inkjet decals, but I have used it to seal inkjet produced paper "decals" or wallpaper, such as the shirt on the scarecrow in my Brothes in Arms vignette posted elsewhere here. There may be a decal paper for injets, but the one I used last summer was not the one.
And as Fabio points out, it's prime use is saving old decals. It has the advantage of adding virtually no increase in thickness and responds wery well to Microset and Microsol.(At least MicroScale's version does.)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 05:15 PM UTC
So can liquid decal film "strengthen" those Airfix decals? They are very fragile and just putting them in water causes them to break
 _GOTOTOP