_GOTOBOTTOM
Events & Shows: North America
Shows and events in North America.
Anyone planning on going to TamiyaCon in APR?
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2004 - 06:46 AM UTC
TamiyaCon is in mid APR and since I now live in So Cal, I plan on getting down that way. Anyone else going? This will be my first time at TamiyaCon, I plan on entering a few models. Has anyone entered it before? I saw on their website that all entries must be Tamiya items. Anyone know how strict they are about thet? For example, I have a Dragon Wagon with an Italeri Sherman on it, or I have a diorama with two tanks, and one is Tamiya, the other DML. Any ideas?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2004 - 06:49 AM UTC
Gino,
I am planning on going to this event. I am also going to the SCAHMS show next week which is also in Orange County.

Where in CA are you?

Jim
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2004 - 07:00 AM UTC
Gino,

I keep waffling on the idea of attending Tamiya Con - which means I might make it too instead of going to the AMPS International. This isn't because all the recent AMPS strife - but more because I'm already flying out the New York for NBC News a couple of weeks before and can't do two cross-country jaunts like that.

I've been to several Tamiya Cons and I wish you luck. Yes, the model(s) should be Tamiya items. That's what Mr. Tamiya and his staff like to see. The more "Tamiya" the better. In diorama settings, this is less so naturally, as you can use other MFG products to support Tamiya model(s) in a central scene. There is no rhyme or reason why models are selected as winners - any and everything gets selected. It's all about what strikes their fancy that year. To make it more fun - keep "contest" thoughts out of your mind and have fun touring through the place and going to the displays. You never know how things pan out in the end.

Gunnie
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2004 - 07:08 AM UTC
Jim,
I am stationed at Ft Irwin, near Barstow, middle of nowhere in Mojave Desert.

Gunny,
I will see what comes out of the contest. I am actually more interrested in looking at other models and the vendors' area. Thought it would be fun to enter too.

Hope to see you guys there.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2004 - 07:33 AM UTC
After seeing them for a couple of years - I must admit I'm still fascinated with the R/C tanks. They are fun to watch. I like combing through the Sales Tent too - sometimes you can stumble on some smoking good prices there. Last year I picked up the new Krupp Boxer kit for $18 bucks on the last day - just before everything was wrapping up.

Other than that, wear comfortable shoes and bring something to keep you (or the wife) amused...

Gunnie
 _GOTOTOP