Valleycon 14 Chicopee MA
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 03:46 AM UTC
One month to go!

Wings & Wheels Modelers/IPMS presents its 14th annual spring contest, Valleycon14 at the Knights of Columbus Hall on Granby Road in Chicopee MA on 4 April 2004. We have 40 categories in all areas of static scale modeling, including 4 just for modelers 16 and under. We also have 10 special awards in areas as diverse as “Best closed wheel sport/rally Race car,” Best Civilian Aircraft, Most Creative, Best Civil War Subject. Our featured awards are an Ironman award for three models by one builder in three separate categories and a Biathlon Award for two models by one builder of different subjects that share the same name. We will be repeating our well-received digital slide show of the winners in the adult categories during the awards, as well.

We have a large raffle and a club table plus 30+ vendor tables. Hot food is available on site cooked by the K of C staff. There’s plenty of free and easy parking. We typically bring in 500 models in competition and many non-competitive displays.

For those coming from a distance who might want to make a weekend of it, local attractions include the Basketball Hall of Fame and the Springfield Armory Museum. The New England Air Museum is 20 minutes away. Local restaurants include the world renowned Hu-Ke-Lau, with its famous Polynesian shows and a Hooters 5 minutes away in Springfield.

Our site is easily accessible from I-91 and I-90.

For directions and more information, including downloadable registration and ID forms in Word and PDF format, please visit our website atWings & Wheels Modelers or e-mail me at [email protected]
Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 205 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 04:06 PM UTC
I hope to make the trip down again this year. Last year featured some very impressive entries.
Sandbox
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 350 Posts
KitMaker Network: 179 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 04:22 AM UTC
I am planning on attending again. I hope this year's show will be as impressive as last year's.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 04:57 AM UTC
I should be there.
 _GOTOTOP