_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hi from Out of the Box Models
orionfield
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 07:23 AM UTC
Hi everyone, my name is Dan, and I'm the CEO of Out of the Box Models. We're a new startup out of Syracuse, NY and we're trying to change the way model kits are produced. Right now, we've been very popular with the model railroaders, but being a scale modeler for over 20 years, I would really love to make some scale models as well!

I've been building mostly 72nd scale aircraft and Armor for the past 20 years, but I've also just started getting into 350th scale ships.

Out of the Box has a different business model allowing us scaleability of production from made to order 3D printed kits, limited production Resin, and mass produced Injection molded kits, as well as photo-etch and decals. Instead of making models that we know will sell, we take commissions from our customers, giving them the kit they want want, in the scale they choose.

We never say no to a commission, instead we work with you to make things work. Plus, we give you back a percentage of sales of your commission as a thank you.

We want to be a part of the community, so feel free to approach us and ask us questions. We are here to help. We are also working on creating a series of modeling technique videos on youtube to help other modelers get better, and eventually try and grow the hobby to newcomers.

I look forward to interacting with you on the forums!

Our website is www.outoftheboxmodels.com
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 1,288 Posts
KitMaker Network: 337 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 02:38 PM UTC
Hi Dan,
Welcome to the forums. Your proposal sounds interesting, looking forward to see your projects!
 _GOTOTOP