_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Maxxpro Plus service in Iraq or Afghanistan
Toopac
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
entire network: 17 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 04, 2017 - 02:35 PM UTC
Hello Guys,

I would need your kind advice on the following topic. Currently I am working on a 4x4 Maxxpro Plus by Kinetic + DEF Model Conversion set. The building is almost done and soon ready to paint.
Its pitty not knowing I admit, but I am not sure where this Plus version was in service: Iraq, Afghanistan or both.? I plan to build a small dio but the answer would highly affect my decision what kind of terrain or soil to chose and replicate.
I am not 100% sure but I think I remember some guys from the forum were saying they drove it in Iraq.

Furthermore, I would really like to paint some figures. I have praticed on some old figures how to paint Multicam patterns (its not easy but practice makes a master). I know Multicam used in Afghanistan but not sure if was used in Iraq also. My next question would be, can I paint Multicam figures for my Iraq + Maxxpro Plus diorama? Or should I paint Multicam figures only if I chose an Afghan based dio?

Thank you Guys!
Peet
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 04, 2017 - 04:35 PM UTC
The MaxPro Plus was/is used in both A'stan and Iraq.

As far as uniforms go, it depends on whn and where. In Iraq, the UCP (Universal Camo Pattern) uniform (gray digital camo, commonly and incorrectly called ACUs (Army Combat Uniform) - which is the actual cut of the uniform, not the camo) was used from about '06 until the US withdrawal in Dec '11. Since the US return to Iraq in '15, the main uniform has been OCP (Operational Camo Pattern - what you are calling Multi-Cam, which is the civilian name for it). In A'stan, an OCP type uniform has been worn since about '05.
Toopac
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
entire network: 17 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 04, 2017 - 06:35 PM UTC
Hey Arty,

Thanks for the answers and the wide explanation. I see you are always able to answer any US related questions!

Peet
fhvn4d
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 803 Posts
KitMaker Network: 132 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 04, 2017 - 06:58 PM UTC
I rode in em in Iraq in 2009 as part of a convoy security team. we wore ACUs
 _GOTOTOP