_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade: Wanted: General
Post your general item needs here.
Seeking a reasonably priced model builder...
twroberts
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 09:52 PM UTC
I am seeking an experienced, but reasonably priced military model builder, here in the U.S., to built an out-of-box, historically accurate 1/35 model of the M1A1 “Heavy” Abrams tank commanded by CPT H. R. McMaster during the 1991 Gulf War Battle of 73 Easting (Feb 26-27, 1991).

I am not sure yet what the exact bumper markings were on his tank, but I am working on it with the U.S. Army. So far we know McMaster commanded the “Eagle 66” M1A1HA Tank, Eagle Troop [E Troop] of 2nd Squadron, 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment (VII Corps, U.S. Army). I will soon have the photos and technical specification gathered to start the project.

I would like to start with Dragon’s AIM 1/35 kit #3535 and Trumpeter’s TK-02, Item #02032, 1/35 T156 tracks. The Dragon kit will require some backdated for historical accuracy – more to follow on that.

If this is something you have experience with and would be interested in attempting, please contact me with a ballpark estimate on what it will cost. I would also like to see some examples you have previously built (preferably, a 1/35 scale Abrams Tank).

Thank you,

Tim
DeFuniak Springs, Florida
 _GOTOTOP