_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Mich Toy service
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 332 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 04:03 AM UTC
Hello, Has anyone else had bad or indifferent service from this company? I placed an order 75 days ago and have still not received my order and have gotten no decent responses to my enquiries. Wayne
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,105 Posts
KitMaker Network: 251 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 05:25 AM UTC
I advise that you call them to find out because they are pretty fast and responsive to my emails.
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,023 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 05:59 PM UTC
Used them once and no problems. Will use them again.
Good luck on resolving your issues !
Mongo13
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 130 Posts
KitMaker Network: 63 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 02:44 AM UTC
I live local to them and no longer shop there. There have been some serious issues with them in the past. You can find more info if you google it.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 05:45 PM UTC
Never had a problem with them.
Matter of a fact an order not long ago.

Cheers

Scipio2010
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 323 Posts
KitMaker Network: 48 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 06:26 PM UTC
I saw the reviews on the company and was pretty hesitant, however, I have ordered from them numerous times without any major issues.

One order was mixed up but the issue was immediately resolved when I called the company.

cutigerfan
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 133 Posts
KitMaker Network: 47 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 01, 2017 - 01:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello, Has anyone else had bad or indifferent service from this company? I placed an order 75 days ago and have still not received my order and have gotten no decent responses to my enquiries. Wayne

75 days!?!?! What the hell man!?!!
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 01, 2017 - 05:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

75 days!?!?! What the hell man!?!!

A one man show I think, and sometimes mail gets messed up.
I had one where was lost in the email system, but was fixed quick once Steve found it all corrected, he does a lot of shows to make money, so might have gotten lost in the shuffle.
His name is Steve.

Cheers

U-mark
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 128 Posts
KitMaker Network: 22 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 01, 2017 - 06:05 PM UTC
I live about a half hour drive from the store and while I have never used their online services I did go there maybe 3-4 times a year.The store never had a big selection of plastic but was jammed with specialty tools, like photo etch folders, paints and paint supplies, building supplies, and especially diorama supplies and figures. Around 3 years ago I stopped into the store and was surprised to see it had gone from being so full of merchandise you had to almost walk sideways down some aisles to less than half it's previous inventory. I guess they decided to do more online retailing and less brick and mortar. I hope you resolve your problem.
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,033 Posts
KitMaker Network: 361 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 01, 2017 - 09:29 PM UTC
MichToy has been my go-to store for Hornet Heads for several years, and I've had only very positive buying experiences thus far. Steve offers fair pricing and honest delivery times, or notifications if items are out of stock.

—mike
27-1025
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,281 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 01, 2017 - 11:18 PM UTC
Never experienced any problems with them.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,105 Posts
KitMaker Network: 251 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 01, 2017 - 11:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I live about a half hour drive from the store and while I have never used their online services I did go there maybe 3-4 times a year.The store never had a big selection of plastic but was jammed with specialty tools, like photo etch folders, paints and paint supplies, building supplies, and especially diorama supplies and figures. Around 3 years ago I stopped into the store and was surprised to see it had gone from being so full of merchandise you had to almost walk sideways down some aisles to less than half it's previous inventory. I guess they decided to do more online retailing and less brick and mortar. I hope you resolve your problem.

When I was there, a lot of their plastic stock was in the back room behind the counter. Therefore, you have to ask to see it.
Mongo13
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 130 Posts
KitMaker Network: 63 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 03:12 AM UTC
Unless he sold the business the owner is Rick. Steve is just an employee. I know alot of you have had a positive experience there but I will never shop there ever again. I do not trust Rick or anyone working for him. I would post my reasons but the mods would probably delete them. Shop at your own risk.
 _GOTOTOP