_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
A41 Centurion girls und panzer
covkid
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 252 Posts
KitMaker Network: 19 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2017 - 07:56 PM UTC
Hi guys, just noticed on HLJ that Platz are to release a 1/35 A41 Centurion. Is this an existing kit or new tool or a bit of both? Always wanted a plastic kit of this.
Regards Jason
ComradeMP
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 472 Posts
KitMaker Network: 18 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2017 - 08:46 PM UTC
So far everything so far has been a re-boxing of an existing kit. Though that is not to say there are some new parts included, as my GUP Pz.IV was a Dragon re-boxing with some new parts from platz (or at least the sprues were marked as such).
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 171 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 10:06 AM UTC
Thus far all Girls und Panzer kits have been Dragon/Cyberhobby, Fine Molds, Bronco or Tamiya. You can actually check the box as it has the original companies logo in the corner.

Some of the reissues have had revised pieces by Platz to better represent the versions in the series. (Type 89, Pzkpfw IV, Tiger (p) especially)

But this was the A41 Centurion mark I which has never been done. At the very least it would have to be an all new turret and engine deck on the Tamiya mark 3?

I have both the Tiger (p) and PzkpfwIV D and both have Cyberhobby logos on the boxes. I've wanted this one since I saw the movie AND saw they issued Pershings and T28 in the movie markings...

This will probably be a tie-in for the upcoming Girls und Panzer:Das Finale ova series coming to the movies in Japan starting in December.

And you'll probably be seeing the new school's S-35 Somua.
 _GOTOTOP