Hosted by Matt Leese
Unstable Airbrush
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 11:24 PM UTC
I had just finished a spray session, with my Badger Renegade Khrome. After removing it from the hose, the brass fitting, on the bottom of the air valve fell out and I felt another mystery piece hit my foot. It was working brilliantly and just fell apart. It is three years old and replacement parts can't be had. I should probably be more upset than I am. I don't have $200 laying around to spend, on a new brush. Thankfully, I have an even older Renegade Khrome, but no setup for large patterns. Do you think Badger would be willing to repair or replace it?
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 12:41 AM UTC
Contact badger as they will have the spring and pin that has gone into the ether.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 02:38 AM UTC
Hi

most parts for badger airbrushes are easy to find on Amazon.com

You can get a complete Badger air valve for the Renegade series for the krome at just under $14.. Just checked..

I get most of my badger replacement parts from Amazon. For me its easier than sending my airbrush to badger to be fixed.. Not knocking Badger's excellent service.. Just like to save myself the time..

Delbert

sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 04:40 AM UTC
Bummer Matt.
Hope you get that fixed.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 05:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi

most parts for badger airbrushes are easy to find on Amazon.com

You can get a complete Badger air valve for the Renegade series for the krome at just under $14.. Just checked..

I get most of my badger replacement parts from Amazon. For me its easier than sending my airbrush to badger to be fixed.. Not knocking Badger's excellent service.. Just like to save myself the time..

Delbert

Parts for different incarnations of the Badger Renegade Khrome series are not interchangeable. That's why I have an earlier and later version.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 07:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Parts for different incarnations of the Badger Renegade Khrome series are not interchangeable. That's why I have an earlier and later version.

Ok but just double check your owners book for the part number you need, according to Badger's website the part # for the air valve is RK-0021 for the complete air valve assembly, also that is the part number in my book for my several years old Krome, I got mine on August 23, 2012. and the air valve sold on amazon is RK-0021.

Delbert

P.S. this is no a flame war, I just don't think getting a replacement part is that difficult.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 07:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Ok but just double check your owners book for the part number you need, according to Badger's website the part # for the air valve is RK-0021 for the complete air valve assembly, also that is the part number in my book for my several years old Krome, I got mine on August 23, 2012. and the air valve sold on amazon is RK-0021.

Delbert

P.S. this is no a flame war, I just don't think getting a replacement part is that difficult.

I just checked Amazon to confirm that I purchased this air valve(Amazon reminds you of prior purchase), in the past. I still have it and it still does not work on the newer model. I will give it a second try and, hopefully it does work. This may take some time, as most of my tools are in large cardboard boxes(no room for my entire arsenal, here). I can get by, with my back-up and will be moving into my new man cave at the end of the week. Lots of unpacking will be going on.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 03:21 PM UTC
I found and tried the air valve assembly. It was free flowing. So, I scavenged some parts and rebuilt the one that had exploded. Works great. Still not sure why the new assembly doesn't work.
 _GOTOTOP