_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Atomic Cannon, Mace & Teracruzer, Snark
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 7,772 Posts
KitMaker Network: 802 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 09:55 AM UTC
These models are not mine but I am very interested in seeing them in person. These are at a hobby shop and for sale as part of an estate sale.

I built the Atomic Cannon way back when but not the other two. The Terracruzer was discontinued and I don't recall ever seeing the Snark until eBay.

I have the Snark now and await the chance to build it.

I hope you enjoy seeing these built.
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 171 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 03:23 PM UTC
All have been re-issued in the past ten years. The Mace and Teracruzer was re-issued in 2012. The Lindberg 1/48 Snark was reissued in 2007 and the Revell 1/81 one reissued in 2011. The Atomic Cannon was reissued in 2013.

They're all current kits.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 03:18 AM UTC
Agree with Stephen-- the 1/32 Atomic Canon and Teracruzer/Mace was re-released by Monogram-Revell with the "Renwal Blueprint Models" boxing back in 2012, both can still be found around. The 1/48 Lindberg Snark with tractor and launcher has also been released several times in the past-- I think the most recent was about 2010. An interesting note on the FWD Teracruzer-- the Europe based FWD Teracruzer tractors were bought by a Dutch company after the Mace units were deactivated. They painted them medium blue and many were still in service for Dike maintenance up until a few years ago-- thier innovative wheel/suspension made them ideal for working along top of the dikes and breakwaters in Holland. The Lindberg Snark kit has a Cletrac tow tractor, and a launch trailer, but the only operational Snark unit (for less than a year) at Presque Isle (SP?) in Maine used fixed launch sites while it was in service, and the missile was painted AF gray. The kit's red/white markings are actually the Cape Canaveral test launch markings. It was the US first air breathing cruise missile. The kit is still available on eBay. Just as a side note, There's a pretty good U.S. Army film collection of the Atomic Cannon and the Corporal Missile (another Revell- Monogram kit re-released in the last 10 years) being employed in Europe-- great films if you want to see how this stuff was put into action (the exact website escapes me right now).
VR, Russ
 _GOTOTOP