_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
AFV Club Hawk Missile New hope!
alchemymike
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 208 Posts
KitMaker Network: 15 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 10:46 AM UTC
Dragon does a Lance Missile, Afv Club is doing the Hawk! Is it possible that we will see any more Missile and post war US stuff?
Crossing my fingers for these:
Honest John
Little John
Corporal missile
Sergeant missile
LaCrosse
Pershing tracked and wheeled
Also:
Atomic Cannon
M-53
M-54
Sheridan
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 08:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dragon does a Lance Missile, Afv Club is doing the Hawk! Is it possible that we will see any more Missile and post war US stuff?
Crossing my fingers for these:
Honest John
Little John
Corporal missile
Sergeant missile
LaCrosse
Pershing tracked and wheeled
Also:
Atomic Cannon
M-53
M-54
Sheridan

The 1/32 Corporal missile was re-released by Revell-Monogram a few years ago, it's not a bad kit. The Atomic Cannon was released by Dragon in 1/72 scale about four years ago, and isn't too bad, except for the molded in troop platforms. Of course the LaCrosse and Honest John have also been released and re-released by Revell and Adams (life like) in 1/40 scale, and Renwal did a none-too accurate 1/32 LaCrosse which has now been recently re-released by Revell-Monogram last year. I assume you mean new, 1/35 scale boxings-- I wouldn't hold my breath on those, but it would be nice to see them, especially the Honest John. As an old Sheridan TC, I'd love to see an accurate M551 released, but with three kits available, I don't know if a manufacturer will take the plunge, but please don't let it be Dragon because they've fouled up almost all of their new cold-war armor releases lately. Except for AFV club, nobody has shown any interest in cold-war soft skin trucks, of which an M54 is sorely missed-- it would be nice if at least one mainstream manufacturer would release one.
VR, Russ
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 171 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 07, 2017 - 07:41 AM UTC
The 1/40 stuff like Honest John, Lacrosse and Corporal are pretty decent for their age. The Corporal just went through its reissue, the Lacrosse was reissued about 10 years ago. The Honest John will probably never be seen again as all the Life-like armor molds are totally worn out. Hopefully Round 2 could be convinced to fix them or back engineer them like Moebious did with many of the Aurora monsters?

The Adams Atomic Cannon was also head and shoulders above the Renwal but Revell will keep reissuing the Renwal one until we run out of oil to make plastic.

As for new kits? Buy the Hawk and Lance. But cases of them and put them away so the companies will have reason to make more.
 _GOTOTOP