_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Hobby Shops in Thailand????
Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 498 Posts
KitMaker Network: 203 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 - 06:52 AM UTC
Are there any Hobby Shops in Thailand, specifically Bangkok or Chiang Mai? I'm trippin there the end of July and thought between riding elephants and sampling the food I'd do some kit shopping if anyone knows any shops, please pass on. Cheers!
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 1,517 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 - 10:08 AM UTC
I love Chiang Mai!...i meet my Aussie wife there 15 years a go,i dont know about a shop but i remamber inside the old city walls not far from the statue of the 3 King's and the Roots-Rock-Reggae-Bar was what I think was a modeling club becose the showcase in front of that local was planty of tanks,ships and plane models...but i speak about 15 jears a go and at that time i was a Backpaker more interested in Booze and Chicks...
SpeedyJ
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
entire network: 1,617 Posts
KitMaker Network: 66 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 - 01:24 PM UTC
Coming to visit Thailand for riding Elephants? You better pay respect to Mother Nature and do not abuse animals for pleasure ( or stay at home ).

Robert Jan
Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 498 Posts
KitMaker Network: 203 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 11:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Coming to visit Thailand for riding Elephants? You better pay respect to Mother Nature and do not abuse animals for pleasure ( or stay at home ).

Robert Jan

Robert, No worries. We are going to visit a conservation site that takes care of the elephants. We are supposed to be able to feed and bathe them while there and we are also visiting a Tiger conservation area too to see how they are being protected and how we can help.
turkeyshot
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 138 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 09:47 PM UTC
Hi Lauren, you could try Winner Hobby in Bangkok. I dealt with these guys a couple of months back. It is quite a ways out in Nonthaburi, but it is one of the better hobby stores in Bangkok. The guys who work there are lovely. Check out their website for an idea of stock and prices. Details below. I have included the store address in Thai so you can print it out and give it to a taxi driver. Good luck!

Winner Hobby

หจก. วินเนอร์ ฮอบบี้
36 ซ.รัตนาธิเบศร์ 26 ต.บางกระสอ อ.เมืองนนทบุรี จ.นนทบุรี 11000

Winner Hobby. Ltd.
36 C 26 O, Nonthaburi. Kraso District, Nonthaburi 11000.

36 Rattanathibet 26, Soi 3, Thanon Bangkrasor, Amphoe Meuang, Nonthaburi, 11000

Phone: 0-2965-7129
Fax: 0-2965-7128
Email: [email protected]

_GOTOTOP