_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Embarassing AB question to ask
acctingman1969
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 10:00 AM UTC
Just bought a Central Pneumatic Compressor (model #97080) at Harbor Freight and a hose for my Iwata Neo TRN1 AB. The hose fits on the AB but, did I miss an item or two? Like a quick connect tool because I just do not see how to connect the other end of the hose to my compressor.

It's looking like I need a quick connect from the hose to the compressor? Can I get those at lowes?

Thanks
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 10:58 AM UTC
Quick connectors are usually an extra or highlighted as a plus. Give the company a call and I am sure they will steer you in the right direction.
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 4,648 Posts
KitMaker Network: 189 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 11:24 AM UTC
yes, you should be able to find them anywhere that sells compressors. Take your hose in and find the coupling that fits.
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,792 Posts
KitMaker Network: 482 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 08:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

yes, you should be able to find them anywhere that sells compressors. Take your hose in and find the coupling that fits.

Ace Hardware, Lowes, Home Depot, Sears, I've gotten connectors at all these places. As stated above take your hose with you.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 01:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Ace Hardware, Lowes, Home Depot, Sears, I've gotten connectors at all these places. As stated above take your hose with you.

Well-- I'd steer you away from anything purchased at Harbor Freight. I worked in a LHS from 2006-2014, and specialized in Airbrush repair for the owner-- all I can say is the sets purchased at HF, along with thier compressors, were about as cheap as you can get, but you get what you pay for too. I saw no less than 1-2 customers a month that had nothing but problems with thier HF equipment- and several had purchased compressors without the proper fittings, only to find when they obtained the proper fittings that the threads and fittings on the compressor end were very rough. In this case, plumbers tape and putty might be your only friend. Good luck with the fitting hunt, the only one I might add to what's already been mentioned is Hobby Lobby.
VR, Russ
11Bravo_C2
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 475 Posts
KitMaker Network: 47 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 07:18 PM UTC
I use a small California Air Tools compressor that is for the construction industry. I got all my hose fittings and adapters from TCP Global.

A pic of your setup can help in determining what fittings you might need.
 _GOTOTOP