Aircraft kits for sale by poster.
I confess to hoarding
ncoligan
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2017 - 11:01 PM UTC
Hey folks I live in Winnipeg and recently registered, but I'm a long time lurker on the forums of Kit Maker Network. I used to build models when I was much younger, but a recent spate of unemployment sent me into a funk where I thought I could alleviate the boredom by buying kits which I intended to build. That last part didn't happen and I quickly became a hoarder with a closet full of mostly 1/48 scale aircraft kits with some separate figures and accessories. Now at the insistence of my spouse I must sell them. What's the best advice for parting out the collection or selling it as a whole?
bots1141
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 318 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 01:03 AM UTC
I think that I would get rid of wife!!!
JClapp
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,265 Posts
KitMaker Network: 225 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 01:18 AM UTC
Dont say hoarder, that's such an ugly word, say collector.

need to rotate some stock, well ok then.
I sell stuff on ebay all the time. works great.

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 04:21 AM UTC
You and me both, brother. I'm not building, anymore but I can't pass up a good deal.
beachbm2
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 400 Posts
KitMaker Network: 243 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 08:32 AM UTC
Well since no replies are answering your question I will attempt to do so. First I would try selling individual kits here and on other modeling sites ( Hyperscale ARC and others) after that round look at bundling them in related kits of 3 to 5 for one price, then look at serious discounts on what remains.
ncoligan
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 10:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Well since no replies are answering your question I will attempt to do so. First I would try selling individual kits here and on other modeling sites ( Hyperscale ARC and others) after that round look at bundling them in related kits of 3 to 5 for one price, then look at serious discounts on what remains.

Thanks Jeff, great advice that's much appreciated. Have any of you had much experience with contacting a local military base to see if there's some modellers there? We have 17 Wing here in Winnipeg.
beachbm2
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 400 Posts
KitMaker Network: 243 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 03:34 AM UTC
Well being Retired US Army I can say modeling was not very prevalent in the service, too much else to do. You can try to post for sale at something like the MWR board (sorry don't know Canadian equivalent)
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,184 Posts
KitMaker Network: 356 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 - 05:51 AM UTC
If you have any model shows in your area, you might get a table and sell them there also.
 _GOTOTOP