_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Is Mission Models paint going OOP?
DeskJockey
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,558 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 09, 2017 - 01:03 PM UTC
I saw an announcement from Mission Models back in April stating that they were going to be broadening the range to include a lot of useful paints, but since then I have heard nothing. Instead, the Web site now shows several colors as "sold out" and there is no hint that new ones are coming. Is the expansion of the range still going to happen? Is MM postponing it? Or are they winding it down? The "sold out" part is what triggers my concern that the paint line may go away. I was thinking of trying the paint, as it has gotten very good reviews, but I'm not willing to invest the money and time required to learn it if the brand will cease to exist. Anyone know?
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
entire network: 5,579 Posts
KitMaker Network: 538 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 09, 2017 - 05:11 PM UTC
I just browsed MM website and didn't see any of the previously released colors labeled as "sold out".

The website includes aircraft colors which are, as far as I know, not officially released yet. Some of these are labeled as "sold out", but as I said, I think these are still in production.

Mario
DeskJockey
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,558 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 12:29 AM UTC
I wrote to Mission Models on their site and got the following reply:

Quoted Text

Yes the line is 100% in production. The new colors will be available in about 10 days

Thank You

Mission Models

It's good news. Now to await the new colors.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 03:02 AM UTC
The were at the Seattle IPMS show in April with the colors they've released so far. My understanding is they had quite a following and thier paints were very well received. There is one LHS in my are that carries thier full line.
VR, Russ
 _GOTOTOP