TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
The Tanks are Coming!!!!!!!
dencoarty12
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 42 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 05:33 AM UTC
Greetings all, I keep finding new places to put in my "two cents" here at Armorama. I saw a film long time back on TNT titled "The Tanks Are Coming!". I have since purchased the VHS tape from Amazon. I think many subscribers may like this movie. The dialogue is dated and the acting a bit rough, but we are looking at a 1951period bit of cinematic magic. The main interest to this group would be the almost continuous presence of M4 Shermans on the black and white screen. You are also treated to periodic veiws of a T2 Amored Recovery Vehicle and the mighty M26. US tank destroyers pretend to be Panthers. The film is supposed to chronicle the daily trials and tribulations of a platoon of tanks in, I believe, the Third Armored Division. The action takes place from action in the Hedgerows to breaking through the Sigfried line. Remember, this was filmed long before the likes of Saving Private Ryan so a modicum of slack must be cut. Make some popcorn, feet up and laugh at the gaffs and enjoy the sights and sounds of our favorite Allied Tank. :-)
Scott
sourkraut
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 602 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 07:03 AM UTC
thanks for the info ill give a look