_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello everyone!
Invincible
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 148 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 11:29 PM UTC
Hi, I'm Invincible. I've been building kits for a few years now and use a brush to paint the things. I like to think that I do quite well but obviously I have to refrain from soft-edged Camouflages. I prefer building tanks and have no preference between link and length or rubber band tracks.
Knuckles
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
KitMaker Network: 156 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 11:47 PM UTC
Cheerio mate!

I don't know how you do it with a brush. Last time I brush-painted a kit I was 11 and used the Testors paint straight from the pot. Probably added 3 millimeters to the overall size of the model! Props on you for being able to do it.

That being said, there's a few guys in here with some good airbrushes for sale in the classified ads. You can also score a good deal on the eBay. Look at getting yourself a gun, hose, and compressor for less than $100US. It'll change your entire experience and turn you into a machine!
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 1,288 Posts
KitMaker Network: 337 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 07:37 PM UTC
Hi, and be welcome!

Yo can share also some of your work here. And as Christian says, the next step is, once you feel ready, getting an airbrush. I agree also it really makes a difference.
 _GOTOTOP