LF Verlinden 120mm Dragon Gunner
a10phan
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 29 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 03:17 PM UTC
Hello,

I'm looking for the Verlinden 748 120mm US Dragon Gunner, Desert Storm. I'm in the USA.

Thanks,

Rob
a10phan
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 - 10:47 PM UTC
Hello,

I'm looking for the Verlinden 748 120mm US Dragon Gunner, Desert Storm. I recently found one (Thanks Paul) but the project I'm working on could use a second one. If you one of these, any condition, please let me know. I'm in the USA.

Thanks,

Rob
engeee
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 155 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 08:47 AM UTC
Rob,
I think there's been one sitting in the glass cases downstairs ar Scale Model Supplies in St. Paul. Pretty sure it's been there forever - next to the Kirin and Warriors 1/16 figures.
It might be worth heading over there and checking it out.

HTH
engeee
a10phan
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 03:27 PM UTC
Steve,

Yeah I had that thought and was there on Sunday. If it was it's gone. Picked up some other Verlinden stuff while its at its original pricing.

Thanks though,

Rob
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,092 Posts
KitMaker Network: 438 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 06:00 PM UTC
Dragon Hobby is selling one for $150 on eBay.
a10phan
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 03:35 PM UTC
I contacted DH to see if it was seriously selling it for that price and here's what he said:

"Seriously Mr.Doyle.
We were Verlinden's largest dealer and still we have the largest and diverse selection, this was the single OOP item I was searching for maybe at least 10 years now.
Found one in shrink-wrap after so many years, why sell it cheap?
Don't we all pay all sorts of amounts for things if you think about it, I think this is extinct art, no?
Later pictures are the ones I've taken personally from the actual one on my visit to his premises. This was one of the best ones... (one coming immediately to my mind is Bloody Tarawa base, I had stared at it for maybe 5-6 minutes without being able to move. Mr.Francois woke me up. I already got the other one I wanted from him, AH's built&painted bust signed by Mr.Francois himself, he had called it 'Dictator' and never went into production of course)

Warehouse did not want me to put it on sale in the first place. I then thought someone has to build it, appreciate and of course enjoy it, like I did.
I'm sorry if you find it high but it's impression on me and its value may mean more to me personally than the rest.
Warm Regards,
Erkan / DH, owner"

I can see someone trying to make a buck but "extinct art", come on! They've been raising prices on Verlinden product since the closing announcement.

I've bought a fair amount from DH in the past but now I think that relationship has ended.

There's someone in Italy selling one for $47 but shipping is $32. It's cheaper than DH though.

Rob
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,092 Posts
KitMaker Network: 438 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 09:01 PM UTC
Everything scarce is now a work of art.

Verlinden 650 Desert Rat is another seated 120mm figure but it's rare and would need more work on the web gear, etc.

I wonder if the DRAGON 1607 1/16 Vietnam War - US Navy Seal could be modified to sitting.

Have you tried posting on PlanetFigure?
a10phan
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2017 - 03:35 AM UTC
Paul,

I haven't seen a Desert Rat kit in a while. It'll be sitting in a jeep so it might be an option to swap upper bodies.

I have a couple of the SEAL kits so I'll check it out.

I'm gonna swap the head on yours for a beret wearing one.

Haven't tries PF yet. I have three sites posted now so I might in the future with no hits so far.

Rob
 _GOTOTOP