_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from Canada
Sergas
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 51 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 11:39 PM UTC
Hi,
i`m new to this Forum. I found this site while searching for Aftermarket Shops.

So here is a little about myself:

My Name is David Vallee and i am 31 years young. I was born and raised in Werl, Nordrhein-Westfalen (Germany). 12 Years ago i moved to Canada, first i lived in Salmon Arm BC and now in Edmonton Alberta.
I work in Construction, more specific i work as a Stone Mason.

All my Life i was interested in History (here as specially German History from 1870-1955). My very first Model i build, i was about 10 years old. When i got older i build less and less Models. I guess as a 16 year old, Women and Parties are more important then some "silly" Plastic Model
After almost a 16 year break, i finally picked up my Hobby again. Now 2 months later and i finished my first few Projects
So if you would like to see some "beginner" Models, just let me know. I m already active on some German Modeling Sites, but i really would like to participate in an English speaking Forum. Hope you guys can help me out

I tried to upload n Profile Picture.. but its really confusing . So if n Admin can upload this picture:

cheers
David
Knuckles
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
KitMaker Network: 156 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 12:38 AM UTC
Hi David, and welcome.
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 12:43 AM UTC
hello David and welcome. I for one would be interested in seeing your builds. I'm just getting back after a break of nearly 4 years and I feel like a beginner again also. So, start posting those photos and lets get back into it:)

Cheers,
Charles
Sergas
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 01:32 AM UTC
Thanks you 2

I dont mind sharing my Work with you guys. I just have no clue where to post it
Knuckles
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 01:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks you 2

I dont mind sharing my Work with you guys. I just have no clue where to post it

Have you used an image hosting site? Something like photobucket, or tinypic. Upload your pic, then copy the "direct" link and paste it between brackets like this:

[ img] [ /img]

^^^insert your link here

You'll see those "[IMG]" buttons on the posting GUI when you're making one. Just click it and it'll auto-populate the brackets, then you just paste in the link.

Sergas
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 01:57 AM UTC
I know how to upload Pictures to the Internet. I just have no clue "where" on this Site you can post these?? Like in what part of the Forum.

cheers
David
Knuckles
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 02:02 AM UTC
Select your forum (Armor, air, etc), then your era, etc (ww2, Allied, Soviet, etc) and simply make a post about it! Tell us what kit it is, maybe what you used to paint it or weather it, and anything else you'd like. We're all geeks in here and come for the model pics (plastic pr0n). most of all, have FUN!

(now that'll be three Molson Goldens and two Mooseheads for my services, Sir.)
ColinEdm
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,355 Posts
KitMaker Network: 19 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 11:59 PM UTC
Welcome David! Start a new post in "Constructive Feedback" or "Armour/AFV" forums to post your pics. There's a good group of modellers here in Edmonton, check out the Edmonton IPMS, we have meetings the first Tuesday of every month (except July & August) at McNally High School, come on out and meet some of us.

Cheers,
Colin
Namabiiru
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 2,888 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 14, 2017 - 01:14 AM UTC
Welcome, David!

To change your profile picture, just click on the "settings" link in the upper right and then select the "modify profile" option. There you will find three different options for personal photos. The one that will show up in forums is the one in the middle (Custom Avatar).

Sergas
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, April 14, 2017 - 10:36 AM UTC
thanks for your help guys.

Colin, i most definitely will have a look next month. At what time does it start ??
Or maybe i just look up IPMS

cheers
David
ColinEdm
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,355 Posts
KitMaker Network: 19 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 06:44 AM UTC
The meetings start at 7 pm in the school cafeteria, next one is May 9. Cheers
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 94 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 04:22 AM UTC
Hello David,
Here is our Website: http://www.ipmsedmonton.ca/
And we usually try to have a theme for the meetings, next month it is 'Star Wars' being the 40th Anniversary this year.

Jim
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,295 Posts
KitMaker Network: 93 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 07:38 AM UTC
Welcome David!

I meant to send this a couple days ago... somehow forgot to hit th enter button!

Colin and Jim have given you all the info I was going to mention, so you're all set. We have a few LHS's here, with a pretty wide range of the basics. And the interweb for the rest?..

You should definitely try to make a meeting, as we've been growing in numbers steadily for the past few meetings. There's lots of variety in the subject matter, and a good bunch of guys with chops to glean tips and tricks from. Plus a plethora of cheap kits for sale almost very meet! Like I need more shelf queens!

Glad to have you join us here... take care, and see yo soon hopefully.

Sergas
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2017 - 04:48 AM UTC
Did not know that i see so many "Modellers" from Edmonton. I will most definitely be there next month.

Sadly its Stars Wars next Month. I love Star Wars but i dont "do" Star Wars Models, or any Sci-Fi for that matter. I m like 90% of all Model Builders in the World, i build World War 2 Armor (working on a Tiger II at the moment).
But i had a look at the Website. Looks like you can bring whatever you like to the meeting. So i may do that.

cheers
David
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,295 Posts
KitMaker Network: 93 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2017 - 05:27 AM UTC
I brought 2 of the goalie masks I've painted this winter to the last meeting. Airbrush skills in a different medium.

Guys just want t see what other guys are doing. Having a theme is a way to highlight different genres, but not compulsory for attendance!

_GOTOTOP