_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
AliExpress
Bravo36
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2017 - 10:15 PM UTC
Has anyone purchased from AliExpress? For 1/35 figures their prices seem too good to be true. I fear that many of the products are knock-offs of legit companies like Alpine and Bravo6. I certainly don't want to support that kind of business. I also don't know if they can be trusted to deliver, or protect my credit card. Anyone out there have any experience with them? Thanks
rdleis
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 55 Posts
KitMaker Network: 23 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 03:18 AM UTC
I have ordered several figures in the past and had no issues with cc safety or privacy issues.

The figures themselves (a mix of Alpine, Evolution and Tahk), were all of good quality, but considering the lack of packaging I would say that they are factory seconds at best and morally questionable farther down the scale. Given that they are probably seconds (or worse counterfeit) I couldn't buy anything after that.
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,505 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 03:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have ordered several figures in the past and had no issues with cc safety or privacy issues.

The figures themselves (a mix of Alpine, Evolution and Tahk), were all of good quality, but considering the lack of packaging I would say that they are factory seconds at best and morally questionable farther down the scale. Given that they are probably seconds (or worse counterfeit) I couldn't buy anything after that.

I concur with this as well but I couldn't find any obvious signs of recasting on the figures I bought
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 1,517 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 04:01 AM UTC
I bought from them many many times and I've never had problems with shipments, payments,refounds or security, usually I buy tools and stuff like that, the quality is not always at the top but the prices are very low,i do not buy from them figures because 90% are knock-offs, only those of Chinese producers are original .... for obvious Reasons

I am currently waiting 8 packages from 8 different vendors by Aliexpress

Bravo36
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 05:21 AM UTC
Thanks folks. That's what I suspected about the figures. I feel better now, about the logistical aspects.
gedmagpie
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 31 Posts
KitMaker Network: 26 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 07:10 AM UTC
The figures are knock offs and take money and the impetus to create more of them away from the real prodcers. Do you seriously think any resin figure manufacturer who takes pride in their workmanship would sell seconds?
If you had ordered directly from Alpine Miniatures for instance; during their sale a couple of months back, you would've gotten a free figure along with your order, free shipping and not having to question your morals!

Regards,
Gary D.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 07:26 PM UTC
Are all of the resin figures copies?
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
entire network: 5,579 Posts
KitMaker Network: 538 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 07:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I would say vast majority of resin figures on AliExpress are pirated copies. The price difference of these recasts vs original figures can be quite big, but I would suggest staying away from the copies and supporting the talented sculptors with legit business practice instead.

Mario
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 1,517 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 02:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

By the prices the only originals is all from Chinese manufacturers,probably because they are the only one can do something about agaist the knock-offs

Have also many figures cast in resin but the originals are in White metal like all the Pegaso,but a small company cant do nothing about,this people on ebay or Aliexpress just dot care,close the shop and reopen 24h later with a different name

In Italy i see some Pegaso bust and figurines copied,painted and sold in large number to tuorists as a souvenir
 _GOTOTOP