AMPS 2017 Danbury Couple of Noobie Questions
Eusi0112
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 10:29 PM UTC
Hi everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Having reached out to some of the AMPS staff with a couple of questions and gotten no response I figured I'd try my luck here.

So I am plannijg on attending my first armor modeling show this April in Danbury, CT. It's fairly local to me and I've been wanting to check one of these out for awhile, but unfortunately was not able to attend ArmorCon a few months back.

Long story short I have a couple of questions before I commit and was hoping that those who have attended AMPS shows in the past could answer.

First off, am I limited to 1 entry per category, or can I enter multiple models for each category?

Also, is there a cut off day / time for entries. My main reason for going would be to enter some of my builds into the competition. That said I may not be able to make it there for the Thursday that the show starts. Would I still be able to enter my models on Friday morning or afternoon even?

I've tried finding some sort of show schedule on the AMPS website with no luck. Thanks to anyone who can help!
majjanelson
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,355 Posts
KitMaker Network: 336 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 12:44 AM UTC
I don't know the schedule specifics for AMPS 2017, but I've been to AMPS 2013 in Atlanta, 2014 in Fredricksburg, VA and 2016 in Sumter, SC.

You can enter more than one model. The $35 Registration Fee covers up to 3 models, and there is a one-time $5 fee for entering additional models. Usually You can Pre-Register on-line early for a reduced registration fee, but you should be able to do so the day you show up. Please note that you MUST be an AMPS Member to enter the show.

Registration usually closes around noon on the Saturday of the Convention, so missing Thursday shouldn't be a problem for entering.

You can find the fees, schedule and other info at AMPS 2017 International Convention Info.

Since you stated this would be your first armor model show, I STRONGLY recommend you review the AMPS Rules for Judging.

I have no idea of your modeling experience level, but I urge you to consider entering in either the Basic or Intermediate Skills Levels for the first time. You should also attend the Field Judges' Training if you can and then Judge at least 2 or 3 shifts. This will GREATLY help you with your modeling skills. Plus, you get to meet modelers of all skill levels while doing so.

Have a great time!
 _GOTOTOP