_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Flak 88 SdAnh 202 trailer bogies
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 02:57 AM UTC
Hi all
Question: were the wheels on the SdAnh 202 trailer for the Flak 88 steerable? I would think the 'front' wheels on the bogie set where the tow bar was attached would steer the wheels so turning would be possible/easier. It seems to me that this would be the case. Are both sets steerable then? Anyone know this?

Thanks

Bob
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 9,465 Posts
KitMaker Network: 176 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 03:08 AM UTC
Both front and rear sets were steerable. Whichever set was being used as the "front" of the trailer was unlocked and the drawbar attached to that end. The drawbar steered the front set of wheels. The rear set was then locked so as to be un-steerable.

In the case of a sudden change of plan the drawbar would be removed and relocated to the opposite end of the trailer. The steering locks would then be reversed and this would change the towing direction.
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 03:39 AM UTC
Great, that the info I was looking for...appreciate the quick reply.

cheers
Bob

165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 9,465 Posts
KitMaker Network: 176 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 04:05 AM UTC
p.s. Often one of the trailer units will have a seat welded onto it. Generally speaking this would be used as the "rear" unit. Both units have a brake lever and this unit would have one of the gun crew riding back there to act as a brakeman for the gun trailer.

You're welcome Bob.
 _GOTOTOP